Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the IAAF scoring tables, both of Bolt's WR's are superior to both of Bekele's WR's.
    • 9.58 = 1374
      19.19 = 1356
      12:37 = 1295
      26:17 = 1295

I think 600 meters would be the fairest distance, and it would be an interesting race if they had about a month to prepare. A documentary on the training would be interesting, with Bolt doing only endurance work and Bekele doing only speedwork. I think the race would be predictable, with Bekele going all out from the gun to try and break Bolt, and Bolt following Bekele and hoping that he'll have something left in the tank for the last 25 meters.

Comment

[quote=SQUACKEE]
      Originally posted by Speedfirst
      Originally posted by SQUACKEE
      Originally posted by nbonaddio
      Originally posted by "SQUACKEE":2at3nfxz
      Assuming no special training, Bolt would not have a chance at 800m, 4 x times his furthest racing distance. It would be fun and games for Bolt until the backstretch on the last lap.
      Maybe Bekele could taunt him down the homestretch..
      Bolt going out in 46 for that 1st 400m and will make Bekele make a decision. :shock:
      Bolt going out in 46 would be the best possible news for Bek. Bek would run his own race, which is to complete the entire distance as fast as possible. Bek 53/54 1:47..... Bolt 46/66 1:52 :P
      Bolt coming home in a 50
      I would love to see Bolt run 1:36.[/quote:2at3nfxz]

Superman!!!!
      on the road

Comment

Originally posted by DG
        Originally posted by bhall
        Bekele said the same thing to Sean Hartnett on a T&FN video after his 5000 win in Berlin (and I noted it on the forum). Speculation among our beer drinking crew in Berlin was that you'd probably have to drop to 600 and possibly 550 for Bolt to have a real shot at Bekele. At 800 Bolt would get his lunch eaten.
        We would need a serie of races to find out where the point is that the difference between them is less then 0.2 of a second.
        There are multiple solutions to this distance question. 1 meter, for instance, would likely result in a differential that is under 0.2 as long as Bekele can start in under 1/3rd of a second.

Comment

[quote=SQUACKEE]
          Originally posted by SQUACKEE
          Originally posted by nbonaddio
          Originally posted by "SQUACKEE":1n5qzga6
          Assuming no special training, Bolt would not have a chance at 800m, 4 x times his furthest racing distance. It would be fun and games for Bolt until the backstretch on the last lap.
          Maybe Bekele could taunt him down the homestretch..
          Bolt going out in 46 for that 1st 400m and will make Bekele make a decision. :shock:
          Bolt going out in 46 would be the best possible news for Bek. Bek would run his own race, which is to complete the entire distance as fast as possible. Bek 53/54 1:47..... Bolt 46/66 1:52 :P
          Bolt coming home in a 50
          I would love to see Bolt run 1:36.[/quote:1n5qzga6]

:shock: :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
            There are multiple solutions to this distance question. 1 meter, for instance, would likely result in a differential that is under 0.2 as long as Bekele can start in under 1/3rd of a second.
            Huh? I understand the first part, but you lost me at the end. Break it down to kindergarten level for me.

Comment

Clearly this has to be a series -- 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 ... -- run on the same afternoon (intervals to be negotiated), adding up the cumulative times until one them says No Más!

Comment

Yeah, great idea. Injure two of the game's greatest athletes on the same afternoon.
                They are better off doing a commercial that jokes of the fantasy race then they are of doing an actual race.

Comment

If it is a 600m, Bolt would have just enough in the tank to win. Assuming Bolt does go 46 for the first 400 (that would be an relatively easy 400m for him if you have even seen clips of him running the 400 recently) and Bekele could push things and run it in 53/52. worst case scenario Bolt would have a 6 second lead on Bekele and I doubt that Bekele could make up 6 seconds in just 200m, even though Bolt would be dragging to the finish line.

This will never happen of course, but it's a neat idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                    Originally posted by 26mi235
                    Huh? I understand the first part, but you lost me at the end. Break it down to kindergarten level for me.
                    He just means that if the criterion for the optimal distance to be contested be <0.2" difference between Bolt and Bekele, then a one-meter race will fit as long as Bekele can start from the blocks with a reaction time <(1/3)"

It was more of tongue-in-cheek reply I'm guessing

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                      If it is a 600m, Bolt would have just enough in the tank to win. Assuming Bolt does go 46 for the first 400 (that would be an relatively easy 400m for him if you have even seen clips of him running the 400 recently) and Bekele could push things and run it in 53/52. worst case scenario Bolt would have a 6 second lead on Bekele and I doubt that Bekele could make up 6 seconds in just 200m, even though Bolt would be dragging to the finish line.

well, no disrespect but this is so out of touch with reality it's almost not even worth replying.

Anyway:
                      Bekele running a 600 splitting 53??? Here's news to you: He's finished 2" faster in 5000m races. But I guess you must have missed those.

Bolt splitting 46 since "it's so easy for him" and holding on for another 200m? yeah sure let's see that.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                        Clearly this has to be a series -- 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 ... -- run on the same afternoon (intervals to be negotiated), adding up the cumulative times until one them says No Más!
                        I'm game. :lol:
                        http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

Bekele can do 53 second laps at the end of some 5000m races!

Comment

Originally posted by EZSum

OK, so how fast would he run?

Comment

let me know when the have a race with the zebra and shawn crawford again. or how about the tortoise and the hare ?

Comment

Originally posted by EZSum

OK, so how fast would he run?
                                You really need someone like Eldrick to answer this but he must be capable of a 48 or 49 second 400m, so he could go out in 51 or so and come home much stronger than Bolt, but I think Bolt would still scrape a win.

Comment

Working...
                                X