Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check the front page: Fourth American sub-13

Right?

I could be wrong but I don't think Lagat was eligible to represent the US when he ran that sub-13 and I'm not a stats guy to know what the specific criteria are for such things.

Comment

Originally posted by bhall
      I could be wrong but I don't think Lagat was eligible to represent the US when he ran that sub-13 and I'm not a stats guy to know what the specific criteria are for such things.
      So he could set the US record for the indoor mile in February 2005 but not be counted as an American later that summer at ISTAF? The accreditation of records is instantaneous with respect to citizenship and not dependent on eligibility for international competition.

A 12 year old is ineligible to represent the US at the World Championships, but if that kid broke an AR, they'd surely be credited.

Comment

Headline got goofed up: it was trying to say he's No. 3 American ever (as the accompanying list details)... but yes, the fourth to break 13:00

Comment

Imagine Lagat moving up to the 5000 full time. The USA has trio of bad master jammers and dont forget Rupp. We have become.
          phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            Headline got goofed up: it was trying to say he's No. 3 American ever (as the accompanying list details)... but yes, the fourth to break 13:00
            Like I said... I could be wrong.

Comment

Who is will be the next American to break sub 13?

Rupp? Webb? Fernandez?

I'm going with Fernandez within the next 2-3 seasons.

Comment

Working...
              X