X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zurich Golden League Men's 4x100m relay

Open Letter to IAAF:

To Person(s) in charge of Zurich Meet officials,
    I assume that either none of the officials at the Zurich Golden League Meet, are aware of IAAF rule 170.13: [b]"The baton shall be carried by hand throughout the race. Athletes are not permitted to wear gloves or to place substances on their hands in order to obtain a better grip of the baton..."[/b] or they did not notice that in the Jamaican men's 4x100m relay, the 1st leg wore gloves? Where they later DQ’d? Is this race to be listed as one of the top five times ever run? Thanks for your responce.
    Sincerley
    Eugene Driver
    Eugene Driver

Nice post. Also, a great observation of a rules infraction. :!: :!:
    "Hook Em Horns"

Comment

Comment

Re: Zurich Golden League Men's 4x100m relay

Originally posted by the track junkie
        Open Letter to IAAF:

To Person(s) in charge of Zurich Meet officials,
        I assume that either none of the officials at the Zurich Golden League Meet, are aware of IAAF rule 170.13: [b]"The baton shall be carried by hand throughout the race. Athletes are not permitted to wear gloves or to place substances on their hands in order to obtain a better grip of the baton..."[/b] or they did not notice that in the Jamaican men's 4x100m relay, the 1st leg wore gloves? Where they later DQ’d? Is this race to be listed as one of the top five times ever run? Thanks for your responce.
        Sincerley
        Eugene Driver
        I wondered the same thing when I saw the gloves but figured it was allowed since he was in the blocks with them on. But there is language used in the rules that will serve as a loop hole. "..in order to obtain a better grip." I'm sure it will be argued that the gloves were not used to obtain a better grip, that they were worn for "style." In truth officials prior to the race should have told him to remove the gloves. But I doubt there will be a DQ especially this late...

Comment

And Great Britian (officials) kicks themselves for not reporting the infraction.

We could have 'won' the silver! ....

Comment

I posted this info on another forum last night, LOL. Nice to see it migrate.

To answer the questions asked; the team was not disqualified, and the time stands.
            Regards,
            toyracer

Comment

Ugly Gloves

One of the Borlee Girls had them on in the 200 WC Semi's too.

Comment

i think there's only one borlee girl.

did you all remember the multi-colored long sleeves sanchez was wearing in the men's 400H final in berlin? that didn't help him either.

Comment

He had them on in the van dam 100 hope some one point this sh.. Out to he soon

Comment

Working...
                  X