Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: long jumpers

Maybe Mason is just good! I haven't seen him jump, hopefully at the trials...

Stefan, I would think it is pretty late in her career for Marion to become an efficient long jumper (or even a long jumper who is not scary... to me, watching her jump is like watching some kid on a skateboard flying off a huge set of concrete stairs: the painful potentials are chilling to imagine!). She is so powerful and swift, maybe good coaching would make all the difference. King Carl had Tom Tellez, whom I regard as the best American technique coach (for sprints and jumps) ever, period. But he worked with Lewis for a long time, starting pretty young. I hope Marion just goes for the 2 sprints and the short relay and beats the bejabbers out of everyone in those events she is best at.

Comment

I DON'T THINK MASON HAS A LOT OF FANS. I THINK THERE'S A FACINATION WITH SOMEONE COMING OUT OF THE WOOD WORK TO JUMP A 26+. I FOLLOW THE JUMPS AND I NEVER HEARD OF HIM UNTIL THIS YEAR. I DID CHECK HIM OUT AND HE APPEARS TO BE MULTI-TALENTED.HE DOES A FEW OTHER EVENTS FOR WSU.

Comment

What about Davis and Phillips these guys always show up at the big meets.

Comment

Dwight Phillips hasn't had any astounding LONG long jumps but he certainly has a talent for getting the most out of himself when he needs to do so. He has made a habit of winning major meets with late, clutch, come-through efforts. He is a really spirited competitor.

Comment

I'd agree. Last I heard, Phillips was the former World Indoor Champion. Why has everyone written him off?

Comment

not only is he the world indoor champion he's the outdoor champion as well dont forget that. Champions step when they need to and I'm sure he will

Comment

1 Tim Harden 10.25 +0.0
                2 Dwight Phillips 10.27 +0.0
                This was at a meet at Arizona State last Saturday. Phillips and Harden also ran on a 4x100 team.

Comment

Why is Harden still running? That guy needs to give it up.

Comment

Maybe because he's still a decent sprinter, he makes money and he likes it?

Comment

When you're not in college anymore and have no chance at making the national team, I guess you could call that decent. I can't imagine he's making that much money either.

Comment

If you can run 10.25 then you have a leg to stand on. Otherwise you're in no position to judge.

Comment

I'm not judging, just posing the what's the point question. Surely he must have other endeavours to undertake.

Comment

Im not trying to put anything past Davis, of course he will be in the running also. But I just dont think he will cut it this year only becasue he has not posted a big jump yet this year.

Comment

WHAT'S A BIG JUMP

Comment

>Why is Harden still running? That guy needs to give it up.>>

I just noticed in the second to last issue of TFN I got that he is one of those lucky few who because of past performance at a high level has an exemption to run in the Trials even without a qualifier if he wants. At age 102, or whatever he is, I would be quite happy to slug it through one last season just for another chance to attend the big dance. Or the almost-big dance.

Comment

Working...
                                X