X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.67 by Jeter

I saw the race on youtube.....Wow!!!

I concur... .That truly was a wow performance.

My question: What can she do to improve on her race? Which part of her race seems most succeptable to you guys that warrant improvement from her?

Comment

Anybody else consider this the real WR? And just imagine if the wind was a +2.0?

Short of Bolt's runs in Berlin, this is THE most amazing performance in track this season.....I'm still stunned at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
        Anybody else consider this the real WR?
        Hopefully no.

Comment

Anybody else consider this the real WR? And just imagine if the wind was a +2.0?

Short of Bolt's runs in Berlin, this is THE most amazing performance in track this season.....I'm still stunned at the time.
          Someone else (Jon?) posted a basic list for the women before the WAF sub-form got deleted. Discounting 10.49, that leaves Flo-Jo's 10.61 (1.2), 10.62 (1.0), and Marion's 10.65A (1.1) ahead of CJ's 10.67s on the official all-time list. The first few entries of the basic list become:

CJ - 10.67s (the -0.1m/s wind won't affect the race by 0.01s)
          FJ - 10.68s
          FJ - 10.69s

So, yeah -- WR.

Comment

I'd like to be excited about it but I am not.

Comment

I don't thing anyone was expecting anything like that today. I believe the trackworld is still trying to process.

What's for certain is that next year will be a money year and there will be fireworks in the paper chase.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by pachip
                  Originally posted by mojo
                  Agree.
                  Cross country season starts soon here and I can't wait! 8-)

Comment

Amazing...
                    She seems to have mistimed her peak this season. Maybe when she and her coaches were planning the schedule last year, they looked and saw "World Athletics Final (September)" and thought it was more important than the IAAF WC (August).

Nonetheless, a truly astonishing time.
                    Now the debate is on for the 2009 No.1 world ranking in w100.

Comment

Jeter's WAF 10.67 race was astounding.

I will view this as the real measure of women's sprinting (i.e., this is the WR as far as I'm concerned).

The most amazing thing about this race, however, was the following:

that was quite possibly the greatest technical - I mean beautiful, textbook, perfecct execution, perfect body position, heal recovery, etc. - sprinting I have ever seen for both men and women.

I've never seen a sprintre "nail" a race so beautifully. that was a ballet out there.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM

Someone else (Jon?) posted a basic list for the women before the WAF sub-form got deleted. Discounting 10.49, that leaves Flo-Jo's 10.61 (1.2), 10.62 (1.0), and Marion's 10.65A (1.1) ahead of CJ's 10.67s on the official all-time list. The first few entries of the basic list become:

FJ - 10.68s
                        FJ - 10.69s

So, yeah -- WR.
                        So you call it a world record based on it's 'basic' timecompared to the other 'basic' times? That's ridiculous. I've entered (unfortunately) into the discussions of 'basic' times and the folley of putting too much stock in them, but this is a new low. A 'basic' time should be considered a WR......asinine!

Comment

Originally posted by JRM

FJ - 10.68s
                          FJ - 10.69s

So, yeah -- WR.
                          So you call it a world record based on it's 'basic' timecompared to the other 'basic' times? That's ridiculous. I've entered (unfortunately) into the discussions of 'basic' times and the folley of putting too much stock in them, but this is a new low. A 'basic' time should be considered a WR......asinine!

Comment

Originally posted by steve

Careful Steve, challenging the Basic Zombies here can get you banned.

FWIW, you are right on the mark.

Comment

Truth is, I was really expecting SAF to get to sub-10.7 before any of the current crop of 100m gals. I guess its a consolation for Jeter though, who had a dominaring early season. I bet next season we will see 2or3 10.6s, these kids are really gunning it!

Comment

Working...
                              X