X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by noone
    Can we go back to track and field please?...
    bump

Leave a comment:

• BillVol
    replied
    Originally posted by Helen S
    Mr. Vol- would you care to elaborate your hypothesis about soccer as a "joke?" Use whatever evidence and credible arguments you have at your disposal. Personal opinion should be low on your reasons however.
    I've already gone over this. Have you not been reading my posts?

Leave a comment:

• pachip
    replied
    Originally posted by noone
    Can we go back to track and field please?

Has anyone mentioned the Argentine decathlete Enrique Kistenmacher, who I am sure was (or would have been) world-ranked in the 1940's/early 50's?
    He was 4th in London 48' Decathlon... :roll:

BTW, I agree with all the facts that faivala posted!

Last Saturday, 16 y.o Javelin Thrower Braian Toledo managed 79.25 mts with the 700gr javelin. And still has 1 more year as Youth!!! World Youth record is 83.02.

I hope that this boy improve these marks!!!

Leave a comment:

• Helen S
    replied
    pachip, everybody in football bitches about the coach, because football is a sport where coaching means nothing. It is a joke of a sport -- otherwise Argentina wouldn't have been scrambling to make the World Cup. They don't scramble to qualify for the OGs in basketball, do they? No. Because basketball is real sport and soccer is not.

Maradona is no better or no worse than anybody as coach of Argentina. But just his presence in the touchline might make the slightest of difference in this joke of a sport.[/quote]

Mr. Vol- would you care to elaborate your hypothesis about soccer as a "joke?" Use whatever evidence and credible arguments you have at your disposal. Personal opinion should be low on your reasons however.

Leave a comment:

• noone
    replied
    Can we go back to track and field please?

Has anyone mentioned the Argentine decathlete Enrique Kistenmacher, who I am sure was (or would have been) world-ranked in the 1940's/early 50's?

Leave a comment:

• BillVol
    replied
    Originally posted by pachip
    Originally posted by cacique
    Originally posted by BillVol
    With a great champion and winner such as Diego Armando Maradona as coach, I would not bet against Argentina.
    dieguito a great champion and winner???? ha... that's the best joke ever... worthy of marlow. :- )
    As national team head coach...he's very inexperienced and often make fool choices or strategies,...but as pro player, if you got a minimal knowledge of football history, you wouldn't say the opposite.

BTW... i think He's the best footballer ever...and maybe the worst Head Coach ever... :wink: :wink: :wink:

cacique, maybe he's not as good as you, but he was a great talent and will always be a champion.

pachip, everybody in football bitches about the coach, because football is a sport where coaching means nothing. It is a joke of a sport -- otherwise Argentina wouldn't have been scrambling to make the World Cup. They don't scramble to qualify for the OGs in basketball, do they? No. Because basketball is real sport and soccer is not.

Maradona is no better or no worse than anybody as coach of Argentina. But just his presence in the touchline might make the slightest of difference in this joke of a sport.

Leave a comment:

• HotTrack
    replied
    Originally posted by faivala
    Originally posted by bman
    Originally posted by Pelpa
    There is one main reason haunting ARG's athletic prowess to this day and its not for mention on this board.
    I know what you mean but I don't buy it.
    Could someone elaborate?
    I will elaborate for you.

The argentinean athletics federation is an organization leaded by always the same people (eternal dirigents), that tend to favour only those who are friends. The destiny of money the receive from the state is pretty much unclear (turbulent finances) and even the state organism for sports is another "black hole".

Athletics in Argentina have been directed in the las 30 years by the same people that have done nothing but implementing stupid and elitist politics to t&f, destroying it and avoiding any further expansion of the sport.

There are no big recruiting programmes for youth and the biggest problem is coaching. Those who are part of the "elite youth / juniors" receive a scholarship and move to Buenos Aires ""high performance centre"" to live and train there. The problem is that they are all trained by the coaches who belong to the club of a very important coach here (unluckly) who has big power in argentinean athletics.

This guy has had the habit of recruiting huge talents and wasting them though overtraining and idiotic training regimes (like what happened with a former 800m world junior medalist). Besides that the same club if famous for alleged doping cases (and we know it's true because we have heard it from the athletes self and there are many evident cases), whereas it's also idiotic to dope someone when you can't even train him properly.

Not only he, but his coaches don't have much ideas on training (i.e. doing miles for sprinters) so it ain't a wonder that huge talents are magically stagnant in their performances once they move to Buenos Aires. Thank god there are some people advising athletes not to take scholarships.

So i would say besides massive corruption and personal interests the biggest problem of t&f in Argentina is the lack of knowledge of modern training theories by the coaches. Limited (or no) english knowledge is by far the biggest factor in there.

Well said, I have to cosign with you.

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    pachip,

since i'm from your great neighbor upstairs, i'll disagree with you about dieguito's place in soccer history... and we'll go back to talk TF. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• pachip
    replied
    With a great champion and winner such as Diego Armando Maradona as coach, I would not bet against Argentina.
    dieguito a great champion and winner???? ha... that's the best joke ever... worthy of marlow. :- )
    As national team head coach...he's very inexperienced and often make fool choices or strategies,...but as pro player, if you got a minimal knowledge of football history, you wouldn't say the opposite.

BTW... i think He's the best footballer ever...and maybe the worst Head Coach ever... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bman
    replied
    Thanks for the post, faivala. It is indeed sad that politics and corruption are so involved with ARG T&F. I have no doubt that Argentina could be as good in track as they are in all the other sports. BTW, nice to see that Argentina qualified for the World Cup. With a great champion and winner such as Diego Armando Maradona as coach, I would not bet against Argentina.
    I think I am going to go ahead and bet against them.

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied
    I sure would!

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    am i mis-remembering or wasn't there a young argentine that was a very promising decathlete and PVer a few years back at the world juniors or youth champs?
    Germán Chiaraviglio won the PV at the World Youth Champs in 2003 and the World Juniors in 2006 but he hasn't improved since then.

Leave a comment:

• BillVol
    replied
    Thanks for the post, faivala. It is indeed sad that politics and corruption are so involved with ARG T&F. I have no doubt that Argentina could be as good in track as they are in all the other sports. BTW, nice to see that Argentina qualified for the World Cup. With a great champion and winner such as Diego Armando Maradona as coach, I would not bet against Argentina.

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    am i mis-remembering or wasn't there a young argentine that was a very promising decathlete and PVer a few years back at the world juniors or youth champs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X