Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Hepty, that's how it is? You're just gonna talk around me as if I weren't here? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Pelpa
      So Hepty, that's how it is? You're just gonna talk around me as if I weren't here? :lol:
      My bad, I wasn't sure how to answer your question. I saw in another thread where you were touting Wifi/Wimax/Lan or something or other, but I am not sure that it applies here. Except in the case of the Kangaroo TV systems that I mentioned, it requires a lot of transmissions of information unless you create your own channel - which is what Kangaroo TV is (plus more). Again, this is a cost, as is everything. I am talking about in-stadium presentation for fans. I had the option to get up and go to the IAAF computers next to the drink and food, but that's not what I want - especially if I'm trying to explain our sport to a potential fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
        Originally posted by tandfman
        If you're in the stadium looking at the Seiko boards, you have all the info you need. After each jump or throw, you see the position of the athlete in the competition. If you're paying attention, you can follow the event pretty well, especially in the last three rounds, when they re-do the order of jumping/throwing.
        I agree with this but it is easy to miss a posting. Why not just have an ongoing spread sheet available for cell phones with all the jumps or throws updated as the competition progresses. That way if you miss something its no big deal.

Also, the current winning throw or jump should always be marked next to the sector with a flag or beside the pit on the measurement board.
        I don't disagree with anything you said. I'm pretty accustomed to making do with the info provided by the Seiko field boards, and although there's a lot more info out there, I've learned to make do with what I've got.

That having been said, I'd welcome some kind of technology that would enable me to sit there with my cell phone and access every possible item of relevant data. My only concern would be that I'd be spending so much timing looking at my phone that I'd actually end up missing some of the actual jumps and throws.

Korea, by the way, is one of those countries that requires 3G (unless they've changed recently). But that shouldn't be a problem by Daegu 2011. For those of us who don't currently have 3G, it will be a perfect excuse to upgrade.

Comment

just fisting at you make no notice. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            My only concern would be that I'd be spending so much timing looking at my phone that I'd actually end up missing some of the actual jumps and throws.
            I could live with the downside

Comment

Yeah, me too. :-)

Comment

Working...
              X