Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have I missed something about Baby Phat ads on TAFNEWS site?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I missed something about Baby Phat ads on TAFNEWS site?

In the last week, there have been times when a large "baby phat" ad consumes the TAFNEWS homepage, with past covers framing it, and I can't get on the TAFNEWS site. Is this intended? Did I miss the memo?

There are ads on the front page but I've never seen a "baby phat" ad (not sure I'd know one if I saw one).

If you take a screen shot and send it to me in an email I'll see if it has anything to do with the site.

Comment

I've never seen that phenomenon.

Comment

Originally posted by bhall
        There are ads on the front page but I've never seen a "baby phat" ad (not sure I'd know one if I saw one).

If you take a screen shot and send it to me in an email I'll see if it has anything to do with the site.
        It did it again! (I know, I'm sounding like Dash's teacher in "The Incredibles").

How do I take a screen shot? With a camera?

Comment

So I've got two windows open. One is the "baby phat" ad parasitizing TAFNEWS (I'm waiting for the Alien hatchling to erupt from my monitor), the other is this page, and if I hit refresh, even repeatedly, I keep getting the same on each.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay

How do I take a screen shot? With a camera?
            I'm no expert but this has worked for me:

On most keyboards there is usually a "Print Scrn" key (often near a "scroll lock" key).

Pressing the "Print Scrn" key (in Windows; can't speak for Mac OS) doesn't really print out to a printer, but it captures the whatever is on the monitor. In Windows Office (either in MS Word or in Outlook) after opening a document you can use the "Paste" command to place the image of the screen on something that can be e-mailed to bhall.

Comment

Cool, that works and could be a useful little tool. Had not heard of that before. Now I just need to hallucinate that ad again for bh.

Thanks!

Comment

Sounds like you have Spyware or the like on your computer.

Comment

So the ads on the main page right now are a pair promoting some kind of dental products and procedures. Of course this requires many close-up photos of teeth and gums, both bad and good. Right at dinner time, how appetizing . . .

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                    Sounds like you have Spyware or the like on your computer.
                    Exactly. Adware cookies on his computer are serving advertisements to Dr Jay based on his web searches and website visits.

Comment

Working...
                    X