X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guru
    replied
    Re: DOUG LOGAN'S BLOG

Logan's blog now rotating between USATF brass.

http://www.usatf.org/about/leadership/theofficialword/

First up: Hightower. In what can only be described as ill-advised, she leads off with several broadsides at the USOC. Unrelated, I'm sure, to USOC head Scott Blackmun's statement last week, “We’d be likely to ask some questions if a (USATF) board member becomes CEO.”

If I were her, I wouldn't be poking that bear.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    It was actually that comment (by Jill Geer) that made me realize how the names were related to the blog postings.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Yeah, me too.... confusing layout they use.

Leave a comment:

• Double R Bar
    replied
    The letter I thought was written by Jill Geer was written by "Richard". Jill wrote the letter above "Richard's". See "Doug's Blog" for those response letters.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    [ .. andn if you screw up or don't close the deal, nobody, civilian or competitive corporate, is the wiser.

Yup.

Try and deny.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian
    [In business, you do these things, everybody knows they are happening, but you don't tell outsiders afterward you were doing them. Especially media; no faster way to kill a potential deal. Considered crass.
    Brian is right. .. andn if you screw up or don't close the deal, nobody, civilian or competitive corporate, is the wiser.

Leave a comment:

• Double R Bar
    replied
    Yes, I read those letters. I'd like to know more details.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    The beating he's taking on his site is kinda brutal. Note, by the way, that there are apparently no elemental security precautions, since his own director of communications is listed as savaging him.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Originally posted by tm71
    ok maybe i am exagerating, but if he was looking for sponsors or talking to the media in NYC i think he would mention that in his blog.

And nothing would turn off potential business types than reading in the media that someone was "boasting" (how it would probably come across) that they were being courted.

In business, you do these things, everybody knows they are happening, but you don't tell outsiders afterward you were doing them. Especially media; no faster way to kill a potential deal. Considered crass.

Maybe the tennis was a cover and he went to Scores for an early Oktoberfest. [You haven't lived until you've seen a dancer with saurkraut pastie tassles!]

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied
    ok maybe i am exagerating, but if he was looking for sponsors or talking to the media in NYC i think he would mention that in his blog. of course he is entitled to go on vacation and do whatever he wants to. if we were doing job related tasks then would not be a vacation. btw the comments people made below his blog in the comment section were much more hard nosed than mine. go to the front page and read them if u dont believe me and think i am exagerating.

Leave a comment:

• ndamix
    replied
    Can't the man just blog about things not track & field related (sang to the tune of "Can't We All Just Get Along?")?

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Or maybe he took a few days off and was enjoying the tennis. Attempting to connect this to his job performance is ludicrous . . .

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied
    He also might be meeting with media types which are mostly in the vicinity of NYC or LA. For, example, ESPN was televising the Open and also televises some USATF competitions. Plus, it is the guy's hometown and his son lives there.

Leave a comment:

• Cooter Brown
    replied
    I'd be interesting in knowing if he was considered a VIP or did he have to buy his own cheap seat? That'll tell all you need to know about T&F's standing with sponsors.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Originally posted by gm
    Did you stop to consider that he might just be meeting potential sponsors?
    I agree. The people who fund these things care less about the actual sport than they do the publicity for backing it.

The place to look for new sponsors is in new places.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X