Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens with Caster Semenya and the medal?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree Cacique,Santhi was treated unfairly.what i do not knw is whether the asian games used the IAAF rule book.I also dont remember the indian government and their federation rallying behind her the way South Africans have.the IAAF decisions are very inconsistant when it comes to these issues,if you dont challenge them they will walk all over you. i suspect that might have be the case with Santhi.

Comment

• you know, the iaaf already scrubbed santhi's bio from its website but i was able to find results from doha 2006 here:

http://www.todor66.com/athletics/Asian_ ... _800m.html

jamal won the 800, santhi came in 2nd running 2:03:16. i assume the protest was lodged by uzbekistan, since zamira amirova finished 4th and then elevated to the bronze. so someone tell me how an extra 2 cm of skin or flesh (if that was the case) gave her such tremendous advantage in this event. i mean, 2:03!!!!!!!! com'on.

i remember reading about santhi at the time that she came from a very poor and perhaps illiterate background (i don't mean she was illiterate but defin. her parents were not well educated), and thus did not get a lot of proper medical care. apparently, the indian federation was aware that there were issues with her since in domestic competitions, other runners had lodged protests and for some reason, the indian authorities had cleared her for competition. but obviously, they were not prepared or did not care to protect her once she was in doha. she obviously did not have a high-powered law firm like dewey & leboeuf on her side (D&L, which are representing semenya according to the new yorker magazine -- are also representing the salahis, who crashed the white house state dinner for the PM of india!!!!).

Comment

• if 1in 1000 are born with some kind of intesex condition,how many people are living with these conditions and dont even know it?

SEMENYA's story recieved a lot of publicity.thats how she got to be represented by D&L.she comes from a similar poor background as Santhi.I hope one day she will gather enough courage and fight the ruling.

Comment

Working...
        X