Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philly half marathon

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Philly half marathon

    Ryan Hall requests official splits at 10k, 15k, 10 mile and 20k, indicating a wholesale record attack, then proceeds to dawdle in perfect conditions-- 4:46, 4:40, 4:43, 4:46, 4:43.

    1 Ryan Hall 1:01:52 (#13 US performance)
    6 Samuel Ndereba 1:01:57
    4 Benjamin Limo 1:02:02
    25 Valentine Orare 1:02:22
    11 Mike Sayenko 1:05:05
    31 Josh Cox 1:05:10
    12 Andrew Dumm 1:05:42
    24 Lee Troop 1:05:43
    1705 Joel Mwaura 1:05:48

  • #2
    Maybe he requested the splits to arrive at an appropriate dawdling pace.

    Comment


    • #3
      Like malmo I thought that with all the official timing points and good conditions we'd see something special out of Hall. A little comparison between Geb's en route times and Hall's en route times:

      Code:
                   15k         20k     Half-Marathon
      
      Geb-        43:58       58:34      61:45
      
      Hall-       44:15       58:48      61:52

      Comment


      • #4
        http://www.runnersweb.com/running/rw_ne ... ereba.html

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bhall
          Like malmo I thought that with all the official timing points and good conditions we'd see something special out of Hall. A little comparison between Geb's en route times and Hall's en route times:

          Code:
                       15k         20k     Half-Marathon
          
          Geb-        43:58       58:34      61:45
          
          Hall-       44:15       58:48      61:52
          Did you just start a sentence with "Like malmo"?
          Semantic experts and various counsellors are being scrambled, as we speak, to investigate this phenomenon. John Travolta may be called in...

          Did anyone see the run? How did RH look?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rasb
            Did anyone see the run? How did RH look?
            I was at the race this morning and caught it at different points. He looked fine throughout, though to be fair, the pace was not as fast as planned. Good preparation for NYC.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey, any time the subject is American distance running, I'm gonna agree with malmo, too, most likely!

              Comment


              • #8
                with 2 miles to go 1 of the 2 runners still with hall was benjamin limo who has run 7:28 for 3k and 12:54 for 5k (and he has run at least 10 track 5k's under 12:59) and he was a world champion at 5k, since the pace had been slow i thought hall was a sitting duck for limo's track speed, but hall did run very good the last mile and a half.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by doug091463
                  with 2 miles to go 1 of the 2 runners still with hall was benjamin limo who has run 7:28 for 3k and 12:54 for 5k (and he has run at least 10 track 5k's under 12:59) and he was a world champion at 5k, since the pace had been slow i thought hall was a sitting duck for limo's track speed, but hall did run very good the last mile and a half.
                  "Past performance may not be indicative of future results." Especially those from 3+ years ago.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I wouldnt worry about Hall's Philly time.Hall isnt in training to run a fast 1/2, he's deep in training to run a 26er. Like Sammy, (the Olympic marathon champ)who's training for a marathon and who jumped into a 1/2 where he holds the world record and got toasted, its not unexpected.
                    phsstt!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He won by a long kick over the last mile. This proves he can change gears and win with a world class field after cruising at ~4:45 pace which is close to WR Marathon pace. The time is only soft by the new standard he has set. 5 years ago, this time would have been considered excellent for any American. Requesting splits and talking about fast times put an expectation on the race, but he still delivered by winning.
                      In the sun with a popsicle, everthing is possible

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Run DMC
                        He won by a long kick over the last mile. This proves he can change gears and win with a world class field after cruising at ~4:45 pace which is close to WR Marathon pace. The time is only soft by the new standard he has set. 5 years ago, this time would have been considered excellent for any American.
                        It's still an excellent time. In three tries this is his 2nd fastest time.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gm
                          Hey, any time the subject is American distance running, I'm gonna agree with malmo, too, most likely!
                          So will I, personal enmity notwithstanding.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by malmo
                            It's still an excellent time. In three tries this is his 2nd fastest time.
                            It's two minutes off his PR and still the #13 U.S. time ever.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ranunculus
                              Originally posted by gm
                              Hey, any time the subject is American distance running, I'm gonna agree with malmo, too, most likely!
                              So will I, personal enmity notwithstanding.
                              Misplaced hatred is no way to live, son.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X