Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Ritz be Bigger Than Webb by a Greater Amount Than Pre is

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Miller: A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
    Otto: You eat a lot of acid, Miller, back in the hippie days?
    Miller: I'll give you another instance: you know how everybody's into weirdness right now?...
    phsstt!

    Comment


    • #17
      I've no proof, but I'd imagine Jim Ryun's much more famous overseas than Pre. Mostly because of the mile record. I know I'd heard of Ryun long before I'd heard of Pre.

      Comment


      • #18
        i'M TYPING FAST SO'S i CAN BE FIRST TO RESPOND TO THREAD THAT ACTUALLY MENTIONS RITZ..

        O.k.--so fast I hit caps button in error. So, here goes:

        Ritz.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by IanS_Liv
          I've no proof, but I'd imagine Jim Ryun's much more famous overseas than Pre. Mostly because of the mile record. I know I'd heard of Ryun long before I'd heard of Pre.
          No question about it. On the world stage Prefontaine was an overrated wannabe, over whom many Americans (for whatever reason) obsessed. Ryun, on the other hand, was the real deal.

          Comment


          • #20
            You guys sure are funny! This was a tongue-in-cheek follow-on to the "Bolt Bigger Than Jesus" thread, not a serious question. But hey, have at it!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Rob
              On the world stage Prefontaine was an overrated wannabe, over whom many Americans (for whatever reason) obsessed.
              Just because you didn't get it, doesn't mean others didn't. I got it, and I'm not even a distance fan. A limited perspective is just that.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DrJay
                You guys sure are funny! This was a tongue-in-cheek follow-on to the "Bolt Bigger Than Jesus" thread, not a serious question. But hey, have at it!
                Yeah, but in the higher pecking-order of things, do either of them rate, boardwise, with Webb or Gabe?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bad hammy
                  Pre was never bigger than Ryun, just different.
                  This discussion really started with this comment. The rest above I ignored.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    [quote=Conor Dary]
                    Originally posted by "bad hammy":2wbfzqgz
                    Pre was never bigger than Ryun, just different.
                    This discussion really started with this comment. The rest above I ignored.[/quote:2wbfzqgz]

                    Correct again. Further, the ideas that Pre can be reduced to just a "wannabe," a drunk, or some other demeaning category is quite offensive.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by kuha

                      Correct again. Further, the ideas that Pre can be reduced to just a "wannabe," a drunk, or some other demeaning category is quite offensive.
                      AMEN! Thanx Kuha.
                      phsstt!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I find this fixation the yanks have with Prefontaine highly amusing. And to read that his status of 'wannabe' (which is all he was on the world stage) is apparently "offensive" really is the icing on the cake. Offensive? To whom? Get a life.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Rob
                          I find this fixation the yanks have with Prefontaine highly amusing. And to read that his status of 'wannabe' (which is all he was on the world stage) is apparently "offensive" really is the icing on the cake. Offensive? To whom? Get a life.
                          The Brits are just envious because their best distance runner is female. Get a life.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Rob
                            Get a life.
                            This is not bad advice. Perhaps this could have been the title of this thread if Dr.J had been so inclined. Is there any chance you could provide an instructional manual? I am rather dispassionate about Prefontaine, so maybe I actually already have a life. Although the fact that I responded to your post makes me wonder...
                            Maybe there should be a separate forum, inevitably eventually being the most popular, titled "Get a Life." This forum would be devoted to nonsense, duplicative threads incessantly rehashing the same topics, pointless comparisons between athletes, or athletes and deities, etc. Although perhaps that forum already exists, I am not sure.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Rob
                              I find this fixation the yanks have with Prefontaine highly amusing. And to read that his status of 'wannabe' (which is all he was on the world stage) is apparently "offensive" really is the icing on the cake. Offensive? To whom? Get a life.
                              Its like a concert that was amazing and then trying to explain it, you had to be there. If you werent you cant possible understand.

                              I love Dave Bedford. I love his style, i love his guts. Some might say , what, that hack loser wannabe? You HAD to see him run.

                              You dont know what you dont know, and if you dont understand the Pre thing then you weren't "there". Ive watched a 1000 world class runners, many faster than Pre but they dont have that thing that he had.

                              Hollywood doesnt make movies about distance runners but they made 2 about Pre. Why?
                              phsstt!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Because Hollywood is in America and it panders to the American psyche - as well as spewing the usual propaganda. You soak it up as part of your regular medicine, which is fine - just don't expect the rest of the world to chase the same prescription.

                                In any case, films were also made about Viren (for example) - maybe you just haven't seen them?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X