Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allyson vs Sanya: Who is greater, thus far??

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allyson vs Sanya: Who is greater, thus far??

since 2004, the two darlings of the us team have dominated their respective events, while being world class part timers in each others events. Felix has beaten sanya at 400m, while sanya very nearly beat felix recently at 200m.

They have been consistently world class for several years now, while still being really young, whle both have ambitions to improve and continue on to greater things.

Thus far, who do you guys class as being greater?? Felix has been more dominant of her event in terms of championships and winning medals, while richards has been more dominant in terms of consistently running fast times and winning grand prix races - although the 400m gives more opportunity to do this than the 200m, as its hardly ever golden league.

Felix has won an incredible 6 world championship gold medals, while both have been superstars of the relays, especiall felix's 48.0 in osaka. Sanyas grand prix performances have been breathtaking year after year.

At this point, I would have to say Felix, I do think shes more talented and I think weve only seen the tip of the iceberg with felix, while she has proven herself to be the consumate championship performer.

Its gonna be really exciting if felix moves up to 400m seriously - I think shes capable of winning in london!

PS HOW DO YOU POST A POLL??

There's no question: Felix has 3 individual world titles and an Olympic silver medal. Beats one world title and an Olympic bronze every time, no question. And she's up against tougher competition in the 200m.

Comment

TrackDaddy where are you? Dyestat all over again...lol

Comment

Originally posted by IanS_Liv
        There's no question: Felix has 3 individual world titles and an Olympic silver medal. Beats one world title and an Olympic bronze every time, no question. And she's up against tougher competition in the 200m.
        Correction - 3 individual world titles and TWO Olympic silver medals. Allyson still wins this one. It's not as big a landslide as it used to be, but Allyson is still ahead.

Comment

Agree - it has to be Felix at this point in their careers.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Re: Allyson vs Sanya: Who is greater, thus far??

Originally posted by liuxuan
            PS HOW DO YOU POST A POLL??
            I've always created polls at the time I was creating the thread. I don't know if you can add a poll after the fact.

Comment

Only TD's interpretation is valid. So Richards by a landslide.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayboi
                TrackDaddy where are you? Dyestat all over again...lol
                I'm just reading along until its time to clarify a few things. ;-)
                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

It's Allyson by at least three steps. The medal count is rather decisive, and then you must consider the competition factor. Sanya (no fault of her own) simply doesn't see the kind of quality in the 400 that Allyson sees in the 200.

Of course, career-wise, VCB trumps both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                    Only TD's interpretation is valid. So Richards by a landslide.
                    Well there are a few errors in the discussion so far. ;-)

Yes Felix has beaten Sanya ONCE at 400m. But it was on a day that Sanya doubled (and pr'd in the 100m an hour earlier?) and Felix didn't, only running the 400. Sanya still only lost by .02.

Also, Just as Felix has beaten Sanya, Sanya has beaten Felix in the 200 as well.

And yes, Felix has more global medals, but then she also turned pro while Sanya was still in college. In 2003 Sanya anchored the US 4x4 to gold at the WC, while still competing for UT after her freshman season. Sanya's first individual global experience was in 2004 and it came after running a full collegiate season.

And who said the 400m comp is easier than the 200m competition? It certainly wasnt so in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006...since Felix's ONLY competiton was a collegiate named Veronica Campbell who won gold in Athens and Sherrone Simpson?, while Sanya had to compete against Tonique Darling Williams and Ana Guevara. Both reigning Olympic and World champion medalists.

Comment

This comes down to how one interprets what's most important. If it's big-meet medals, then Felix is the obvious winner. But in terms of being an overall force I think one has to go with Richards, who with her fifth straight No. 1 this year will equal the event's all-time record (and the old record is held by SinKim Dan, who ran in the pre-Championships era) (and about whom sexual questions remain)

Richards is the only woman ever to win a chunk of the Jackpot three times, although I will admit that's slightly misleading because she has had the good fortune to have her event as part of the sequence multiple times. Without taking the time to look, wouldn't surprise me if the 200 has never been one of the events, which does limit Felix's opportunities in that era.

On the other hand, I think that also goes to confirm somewhat that the 400 is a tougher event, since most of the world's best short sprinters only run the 200 when they have to.

Comment

TD....I think this post was designed to start a civil war between you and me..LOL

It's a tie, a drawn, they both are great champions!!!
                        on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                          TD....I think this post was designed to start a civil war between you and me..LOL

It's a tie, a drawn, they both are great champions!!!
                          Yeah, anytime people posts these Felix vs Richards threads they trying to start something...lol

Comment

How many times has Felix been ranked #1 and where can I find a list of the rankings that includes the years from 2003 to 2008?

Comment

Felix and if Felix decided to train for 400 properly she would win the titles there as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X