Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of Liu Xiang

What does the future hold for Liu? Will ever get back to WR shape, I mean he suffered the type of injury that some never recover from.

Short term, he will be racing in the national championships in October.

Long term, what do we see from him?

Re: The return of Liu Xiang

Given he ran Trammell to the line in his first race of the season I think he's good for 12.9 next season.

Comment

Originally posted by bman
      Long term, what do we see from him?
      August, 2010 - Showdown in Zurich

1st place - 12.84 Athlete X
      2nd place - 12.86 Athlete Y
      3rd place - 12.89 USAian Z

Given: X and Y are Robles and Liu, but not necessarily in that order.

Homework: Solve for X, Y, and Z

Comment

Given that he ran 13.15 in his first comeback race, I'd say his chances of getting back to his best are pretty good. He's still just 26, too.
        On the other hand, even in the best shape of his career, he may find it hard to beat Robles on a regular basis.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

will TFN rank him for 2009, even if he only ran one race?

Comment

Originally posted by cacique
            Nope!

Comment

yeah, but what a race!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                Nope!
                What if he runs a super fast time at the National Games and/or the East Asian Games? Say, 13 flat?
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                  Originally posted by jeremyp
                  Nope!
                  What if he runs a super fast time at the National Games and/or the East Asian Games? Say, 13 flat?
                  There's also the Asian Championships. I had the feeling, though, based on what was being said after his Shanghai race, that he was likely to go back into training and not compete again until next year. Just an inference--I don't know that anyone actually said that specifically.

Comment

Unfortunately.

According to a Reuters report this morning, Liu told Osaka meet officials that the reason he pulled out of the meet was lingering issues with his surgically repaired Achilles tendon.

See article on front page

Comment

I predicted months ago that Liu would continue to be world ranked in the near future, but would probably never win another major meet again, partly because of surgery, mainly because of steep competition, and I was shouted down on these boards. I still stand by that prediction.

Too much Trammell, too much Robles, plus a few youngsters coming up. And to paraphrase Drake, a popular rapper today, "a repaired Achilles is nothing to play wit."

Comment

I wonder how fast Liu Xiang would've been in the 100m back when he was in WR shape in the 110h. I mean like, if he had trained for the 100. Has any East Asian ever gone 10 flat or faster on the 100m?

Comment

Originally posted by nicest person ever
                          I wonder how fast Liu Xiang would've been in the 100m back when he was in WR shape in the 110h. I mean like, if he had trained for the 100. Has any East Asian ever gone 10 flat or faster on the 100m?
                          He wouldn't have gone ten flat unless someone offered him a billion dollars to do so.

Comment

I have to wonder if his efforts to return early to run in Beijing in front of his countrymen didn't do irreparable damage.

If he's not ready now he couldn't have been close to ready then.
                            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                              I have to wonder if his efforts to return early to run in Beijing in front of his countrymen didn't do irreparable damage.

If he's not ready now he couldn't have been close to ready then.
                              Yea TD I've never quite understood that whole incident... something about it just seemed very odd to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X