X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Can anyone on here, speak to what change she has made in her heart, can you?
    I'm not going out of my way to care about her or rehabilitate her with respect to track and field.

Now y'all can sit back in judgement all you want, but all of y'all living in a glass house, again cast the first stone, he who is without sin.
    How do you define sin? I have not defrauded anyone, or cheated. Does that mean I can cast a stone?
    No one is asking YOU to rehabilitate her or care about her. She doesn't have to meet your approval or standard.

Have you ever made a mistake? The analogy I used with respect to sin, is in conjunction to making a mistake, you mentioned defrauding and cheating, you have merely scratched the surface with respect to error of ways.

You ever lied? Again any indiscretions on your part, ever ? Let me guess, you''re perfect and if so, Marion is subject to your judgement.

P.S. with regards to my defining sin, it's a trangression of God's law.
    on the road

Comment

You ever lied? Again any indiscretions on your part, ever ? Let me guess, you''re perfect and if so, Marion is subject to your judgement.
      So all transgressions are equal?

Comment

I never said that, but I'll let you be judge and jury on that. But what does that have to do with Marion speaking to youth? Your transgressions or mine?
        on the road

Comment

To me again, I take this position, I don''t know her heart, but I am willing to give her the beneft of doubt.
          I was one of the biggest defenders of MJ on this message board. We were ridiculed around here as "Marion's apologists". After the revelations of all the cheating and lying, I lost all my respect for her. No, I would no longer give her the benefit of doubt. There is no longer any doubt in my mind.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
            To me again, I take this position, I don''t know her heart, but I am willing to give her the beneft of doubt.
            I was one of the biggest defenders of MJ on this message board. We were ridiculed around here as "Marion's apologists". After the revelations of all the cheating and lying, I lost all my respect for her. No, I would no longer give her the benefit of doubt. There is no longer any doubt in my mind.
            Your prerogative, I for one, I am willing to give her the benefit of doubt. God gives man a way out, repentance. Fall seven times, get back up, a saint is just a sinner who falls down and get's up.
            on the road

Comment

Speed, you keep avoiding my question, but please humor me just this one time. Why have Pettitte and Clemens been treated differently?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                Speed, you keep avoiding my question, but please humor me just this one time. Why have Pettitte and Clemens been treated differently?
                What question? I'll answer it. Marion has done her time, she did admit to it, again because it wasn''t right away, doesn't change that. Clemens hasn't admitted to jack, so there is a huge difference between Marion and Clemens. Jazz are you suggesting there is a certain time table upon which someone must confess?
                on the road

Comment

I never said that
                  So whether I have lied or not is irrelevant.

But what does that have to do with Marion speaking to youth? Your transgressions or mine?
                  Neither, it has to do with Jones’ transgressions and hers alone. You’re the one dragging in others behaviour.

I am willing to give her the benefit of doubt. God gives man a way out, repentance. Fall seven times, get back up, a saint is just a sinner who falls down and get's up.
                  Except those that should be put to death, even after they repent.

So you're right, all transgressions are not alike.

Comment

Daisy.....I am not the ONLY one dragging in other's behaviors, maybe you have decded to not see that.

Again you can decide to be holier than thou all you want and sit back in your perfect world, your ivory tower and place jugement on Marion, your prerogative.

By the way YOU brought up you don't defraud, nor cheat, no one asked you that.

With respect to your comment about repentance and ones put to death, what does that have to do with Marion's situation?

Whether or not a person is subject to be put to death, doesn't take away from the fact God allows for repentance. Who exactly should be put to death, even after they repent? There is only ONE unpardonabe sin.
                    on the road

Comment

Speed, any adult with an IQ over 65 knows that Marion HAS NOT admitted to everything she did, and you know it. Furthermore, your refusal to answer my simple question indicates to me that you know you're on shaky grounds, otherwise you would have no problem answering it.

As for the half-ass, apology she gave on the courthouse steps, let's not forget that the apology itself was part of her plea deal. It was scripted by the FBI and she only did it to shorten her prison time. It's just like Libya confessing to blowing up Pan Am 103, and paying restitution to the victims' families. Muammar Gaddafi didn't agree to this out of any sense of remorse, he did it to get international sanctions lifted off of Libya as part of an agreement with the U.S. and the U.K.

Comment

Again you can decide to be holier than thou all you want and sit back in your perfect world, your ivory tower and place jugement on Marion, your prerogative.
                        I have no perfect world. It is flawed and there are repercussions. You are the one that wants a perfect world where everyone should conform to your standards.

I see no good reason why T&F should embrace Jones. No one expects a business to associate with former employees that have cheated them. She has served her time and she can move on, hopefully in a new direction.

There is only ONE unpardonabe sin.
                        Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                          Speed, any adult with an IQ over 65 knows that Marion HAS NOT admitted to everything she did, and you know it. Furthermore, your refusal to answer my simple question indicates to me that you know you're on shaky grounds, otherwise you would have no problem answering it.

As for the half-ass, apology she gave on the courthouse steps, let's not forget that the apology itself was part of her plea deal. It was scripted by the FBI and she only did it to shorten her prison time. It's just like Libya confessing to blowing up Pan Am 103, and paying restitution to the victims' families. Muammar Gaddafi didn't agree to this out of any sense of remorse, he did it to get international sanctions lifted off of Libya as part of an agreement with the U.S. and the U.K.
                          What question? I have no problem answering your question jazz. I am not going to sit back and disect Marion's apology, maybe you will. Again you care to examine her heart. You said you need evidence from her, well how is she suppose to provide evidence if she's not allowed to?
                          on the road

Comment

I have no perfect world. It is flawed and there are repercussions. You are the one that wants a perfect world where everyone should conform to your standards.

I see no good reason why T&F should embrace Jones. No one expects a business to associate with former employees that have cheated them. She has served her time and she can move on, hopefully in a new direction.

There is only ONE unpardonabe sin.
                            Which one?
                            You gotta be kidding me, with the comment about my wanting a perfect world, this coming from the guy who stated he doesn't defraud or cheat and who is sitting in judgement of Marion, yeah okay.

I don't have any standards of mine, since you feel I do, you care to list them holier than thou?
                            on the road

Comment

You gotta be kidding me, with the comment about my wanting a perfect world, this coming from the guy who stated he doesn't defraud or cheat
                              So you do? OK.

I don't have any standards of mine, since you feel I do, you care to list them holier than thou?
                              Your standards for us are clear.

Now y'all can sit back in judgement all you want, but all of y'all living in a glass house, again cast the first stone, he who is without sin.
                              With regards to my defining sin, it's a trangression of God's law.

Comment

What question?
                                Speed, I don't know why you insist on playing these games, but I'll try one more time. Why have Pettitte and Clemens been treated differently by the Yankees, MLB, the media and the public in general?

Comment

Working...
                                X