Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marion Jones to appear at youth meet, clinic

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    I think what Speed is unable to comprehend is that although we have all lied at some point in our lives, we are not all pathological liars. It's like not being able to see the difference between the person who drinks a fifth of liquor a day, 365 days a year and the person who only drinks on New Year's Eve and his/her birthday. The former is an alcoholic and the latter isn't.
    I can comprehend that, but jazz you're not comparing apples with apples, now Marion is this pathological liar. Marion lies everyday, 365 days a year according to your analogy. So not only does Marion have 3 strikes in your book, she should be crucified.
    Speed, there's no need to habitually put words into people's mouth to make your point. I never used the word "crucified", any of its derivatives or any of its synonyms, so why would you attribute it to me? (Oh, I forgot, you don't answer questions.) As for Marion, yes, she is a pathological liar, and a person for whom the idea of candor is an alien concept.
    No need to call Marion a pathological liar and compare her to a drunk. jazz you might wanna heed your own advice here, you hav chosen to characterize Marion., but I guess what's good for the goose, isn't good for the gander. What's your question again, you keep accusing me of ducking you?

    Leave a comment:


  • jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    I think what Speed is unable to comprehend is that although we have all lied at some point in our lives, we are not all pathological liars. It's like not being able to see the difference between the person who drinks a fifth of liquor a day, 365 days a year and the person who only drinks on New Year's Eve and his/her birthday. The former is an alcoholic and the latter isn't.
    I can comprehend that, but jazz you're not comparing apples with apples, now Marion is this pathological liar. Marion lies everyday, 365 days a year according to your analogy. So not only does Marion have 3 strikes in your book, she should be crucified.
    Speed, there's no need to habitually put words into people's mouth to make your point. I never used the word "crucified", any of its derivatives or any of its synonyms, so why would you attribute it to me? (Oh, I forgot, you don't answer questions.) As for Marion, yes, she is a pathological liar, and a person for whom the idea of candor is an alien concept. For the record, unlike some others, I have no problem with Marion being involved with track and field, but I won't acccept her with open arms until she comes clean, and I believe I have that right.

    Leave a comment:


  • Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    you by the way, interjected yourself into the discourse that was taking place betweem myself and jazz....Mr Holier than Thou
    Forums 101, might not want to start a private discussion on a public forum.

    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Again I sure glad Marion doesn't answer to you, nor is your approval needed for her to participate.
    I'm sure she couldn't care less either way.
    Not a private discussion, you can avoid what you want in a public forum, you seem to, because you don't participate in every thread, nor every post in any particular thread.

    But you find your way into the one's you decide to engage in, your choice and that's cool. But when YOU decide to interject yourself, buyer beware.

    Leave a comment:


  • Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    you by the way, interjected yourself into the discourse that was taking place betweem myself and jazz....Mr Holier than Thou
    Forums 101, might not want to start a private discussion on a public forum.

    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Again I sure glad Marion doesn't answer to you, nor is your approval needed for her to participate.
    I'm sure she couldn't care less either way.

    Leave a comment:


  • Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    So not only does Marion have 3 strikes in your book, she should be crucified.
    Not wanting her to associate with T&F is equivalent to being crucified?
    That wasn't directed to you. But since you intercepted it, I'll reply. That's an analogy in conjunction to what I considerd unfair (the lying 365 days)....so it is comparable, ya dig.
    Pure melodrama.
    Pot calling kettle black, you by the way, interjected yourself into the discourse that was taking place betweem myself and jazz....Mr Holier than Thou

    Again I'm sure glad Marion doesn't answer to you, nor is your approval needed for her to participate.

    Leave a comment:


  • Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    So not only does Marion have 3 strikes in your book, she should be crucified.
    Not wanting her to associate with T&F is equivalent to being crucified?
    That wasn't directed to you. But since you intercepted it, I'll reply. That's an analogy in conjunction to what I considerd unfair (the lying 365 days)....so it is comparable, ya dig.
    Pure melodrama.

    Leave a comment:


  • Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    So not only does Marion have 3 strikes in your book, she should be crucified.
    Not wanting her to associate with T&F is equivalent to being crucified?
    That wasn't directed to you. But since you intercepted it, I'll reply. That's an analogy in conjunction to what I considerd unfair (the lying 365 days)....so it is comparable, ya dig.

    I'm glad you DON"T have a say so in whether Marion is allowed to associate with track & field again.

    Leave a comment:


  • Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    So not only does Marion have 3 strikes in your book, she should be crucified.
    Not wanting her to associate with T&F is equivalent to being crucified?

    Leave a comment:


  • Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    I think what Speed is unable to comprehend is that although we have all lied at some point in our lives, we are not all pathological liars. It's like not being able to see the difference between the person who drinks a fifth of liquor a day, 365 days a year and the person who only drinks on New Year's Eve and his/her birthday. The former is an alcoholic and the latter isn't.

    I can comprehend that, but jazz you're not comparing apples with apples, now Marion is this pathological liar. Marion lies everyday, 365 days a year according to your analogy. So not only does Marion have 3 strikes in your book, she should be crucified.

    Leave a comment:


  • SQUACKEE
    replied
    Also we are not saying speed is wrong, we just have a different point of view. If you can completely forgive Marion, thats great.

    Leave a comment:


  • jazzcyclist
    replied
    I think what Speed is unable to comprehend is that although we have all lied at some point in our lives, we are not all pathological liars. It's like not being able to see the difference between the person who drinks a fifth of liquor a day, 365 days a year and the person who only drinks on New Year's Eve and his/her birthday. The former is an alcoholic and the latter isn't.

    Leave a comment:


  • Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    I would argue that the way i view her is more her fault than mine.
    "You can sit back in judgement all you want, but you're living in a glass house, cast the first stone, he who is without sin."

    Leave a comment:


  • SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    I dont hate Marion and wish her and her family the best but the truth for me and only me is when i look at her i see the face of a cheat and a liar, sorry,cant help it.
    There you go throwing stones, you've been warned about that before. Along with the controversial, yet holier than thou, guy that seems to agree with you.
    ]
    I would argue that the way i view her is more her fault than mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • Marlow
    replied
    speedfirst, I, like Pego, totally defended her, because there was no PROOF. Now that there is proof, I cannot defend her. She has made it painfully clear to me that the ONLY thing she's sorry about is that she got caught. The Oprah show and everything I've read about her since then has made it crystal clear that she says whatever she thinks people want to hear. gh said she's a great speaker - I agree - but she is insincere in her mea culpas - IMO!

    If and when she acts like she's really feels sorry for what she DID (not just that she got caught), THEN I will be back on her side.

    Neither you nor I can see into her heart, but we can read her words and body language and understand what she's REALLY saying. It's really not that hard.

    Leave a comment:


  • SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    I dont hate Marion and wish her and her family the best but the truth for me and only me is when i look at her i see the face of a cheat and a liar, sorry,cant help it.
    That very well maybe the case when you see her. So I''ll ask you as well, any 2nd chances for people with indiscretions, you included?
    Yes, 2nd, third and fourth chances, ect ect , but it all depends on many factors. The severity of the "sin" and the sincerity of the apology.

    She willingly cheated and only apologized after she got caught and had no choice.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X