Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Wanjiru New World Record Holder

The weather is going to be great Sunday for the Chicago Marathon. Look for Samuel Wanjiru to break Gebs world record of 2:03:59. My prediction 2:03:30

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... day=Sunday

7:30 a.m. start time

Comment

He is not in Beijing shape

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze7
        He is not in Beijing shape
        Hard to tell with Wanjiru. History so far hasn't shown any kind of link between his results over the marathon and his results over any other distance...

I too would be surprised though if he went 2:03.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
          http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=60290&hourly=1&yday=283&weekday= Sunday

Couldn't ask for much more in the weather department (so long as the wind isn't whistling).

Comment

After what Sammy did in Bejiing nothin would surprise me.The guy ran 26:30 something as a 18 year old, right?
            phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
              After what Sammy did in Bejiing nothin would surprise me.The guy ran 26:30 something as a 18 year old, right?
              Wrong (Gosh, I enjoyed typing that more than I should have). 26:41.75.
              I would be surprised any time somebody breaks a world record in the marathon...

Comment

Originally posted by 2 cents
                Thanx for the correction , gosh oh mighty, that felt worse than it should have.

Now im gonna correct you, Sammy isnt a somebody.
                phsstt!

Comment

Now I am actually in anguish over having to correct you again, but Samuel Wanjiru is indeed somebody...The Beijing Olympics have cemented this....I would say that he is definitely not a nobody....I hope you're going to be OK...I am trying to be gentle in my rectification of manifestations of your understandable human failings....Spill another drink....we love you....

Comment

I am trying to be gentle in my rectification of manifestations of your understandable human failings.
                    Check your In-box, bro. ;-)

Comment

[quote=2 cents]
                      Originally posted by "2 cents":3qnapo5l

Now I am actually in anguish over having to correct you again, but Samuel Wanjiru is indeed somebody...The Beijing Olympics have cemented this....I would say that he is definitely not a nobody....I hope you're going to be OK...I am trying to be gentle in my rectification of manifestations of your understandable human failings....Spill another drink....we love you....[/quote:3qnapo5l]

Your right, Olympic champ and world 1/2 holder... not a nobody. i love you more than you will ever know.
                      phsstt!

Comment

Marlow, I plead the fifth...However, the jury should be instructed that this should not be factored into the evidence before you....
                        Back to the thread: I recall that Steve Jones went out in 1:01:40 in 1985, so I have no problem believing Wanjiru would do this.

Comment

Marlow, I plead the fifth
                          Guilty, your honor! Guilty as charged! Off with his head!!!

[cut to external scene of villagers with pitchforks and torches, ready to assail a dark and brooding castle - a scream in the dark - a lightning flash - a long anguished gasp is heard as he is seen in the ramparts and his true identity revealed as . . . tune in next week, folks, as we bring you another bone-chilling episode of . . . **Franken2cents** !!! ]
                          :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                            Originally posted by DrJay
                            http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=60290&hourly=1&yday=283&weekday= Sunday

Couldn't ask for much more in the weather department (so long as the wind isn't whistling).
                            Sure you could. That's quite a bit cold for for running.

Comment

You know far more than I in that category, but it's my take that people do "surprisingly" well in that kinf of weather but it shouldn't be all that surprising.

But given the way that Wanjiru thrived in Beijing, he may well find it not at all to his liking.

Comment

Working...
                              X