Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Victoria Marathon weekend

The 30th annual RVM weekend is underway. Rod Dixon is presenting "The Road to the Black Singlet", right now. Tomorrow, the RVM Speaker Series will continued with Dixon, Dick Beardsley, Joe Henderson, and many others taking part. On Sunday, the 1/2 Marathon has been capped at 5400 starters, the 8K capped at 2500 starters, and the Marathon and Kids Run are still registering. Expected total of over 12,000 starters, in total.
    As of last night, there were entries from all Canadian Provinces and Territories, plus 35 U.S. states. Over 1200 from Washington, Oregon and California alone. 800 from Calgary. A couple of thousand from the Lower Mainland of B.C. And that is just runners, not counting spouses, children, families, friends, etc... No problem getting sponsors for this kind of event...

...but it's kind of a lousy time for one of the BC Ferries to get a flat tire :=O

Link: BC Ferries fire cancels 8 Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay sailings

cman

Comment

Re: Royal Victoria Marathon weekend

Originally posted by rasb
      Rod Dixon is presenting "The Road to the Black Singlet".

Sounds like the latest Johnny Depp pirate movie.

"And playing the part of Admiral Arthur Lydiard will be...Jerry Stiller...!"

Comment

Originally posted by cullman
        ...but it's kind of a lousy time for one of the BC Ferries to get a flat tire :=O

Link: BC Ferries fire cancels 8 Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay sailings

cman
        I noticed that cman.....those Saturday afternoon ferries are going to be very crowded - it's already the busiest weekend of the year (Thanksgiving - Canadian style), but this is really bad timing for the RVM.

Comment

I am actually gonna mosey on down to the end of my street to watch the misery. :wink:

My daughter was caught up in that ferry mess and as a result cancelled coming over.

The price one pays for living on an island I guess. :cry:

Comment

Working...
          X