Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nike Out As Sponsor Of NSSF Outdoor Nationals?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nike Out As Sponsor Of NSSF Outdoor Nationals?

Interesting new logo on the NSSF site, sans Nike. Meet currently titled "The Outdoor Nationals"

Nike does still appear to be associated with the indoor nationals.
    There are no strings on me

adidas was the sponsor of the meet several years ago, before Nike was. Maybe they'll get a non-Nike shoe sponsor to pick it up this year.

Comment

Nike is starting it's own HS Track Nationals and will be held in Portland at the Nike Campus. It will take the place of all other HS championships and will not be subject to any HS governing body's rules. Nike will not recognize any athletes who do not compete here and will hence forth not be eligible for Nike sponsorship as a professional athlete.

All participants must sign a waiver that any money they make in the present and future in Nike shoes will be the sole property of Nike, Inc. This includes any wages from part or full time jobs where Nike shoes may be worn on the job.

In the sun with a popsicle, everthing is possible

Comment

Originally posted by Run DMC
        Nike is starting it's own HS Track Nationals and will be held in Portland at the Nike Campus. It will take the place of all other HS championships and will not be subject to any HS governing body's rules. Nike will not recognize any athletes who do not compete here and will hence forth not be eligible for Nike sponsorship as a professional athlete.

All participants must sign a waiver that any money they make in the present and future in Nike shoes will be the sole property of Nike, Inc. This includes any wages from part or full time jobs where Nike shoes may be worn on the job.

:?:

This is most likely a hoax. But, let's say it isn't -- it would be blatantly illegal.

So, let's assume its a hoax.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he was kidding nokick(note the emoticon).

But I am wondering if there's some new national-type HS meet brewing on the west coast that Nike will be associated with next year.

Comment

I was on an older computer out-of-town when I read this. No icon showed up.

I know a guy working with the NSSF and I will see what is up with Nike :roll:

Comment

Re: Nike Out As Sponsor Of NSSF Outdoor Nationals?

New Balance taking over as title sponsor.

http://www.dyestat.com//?pg=us-2010-Out ... 808169cdc9

Comment

Working...
              X