• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feltdog70
    replied
    Originally posted by HotTrack
    Originally posted by gh
    Goodman def. looks like the future of U.S. sprinting.
    I agree, but watch out for Alexandria Anderson as well. I think if she focus on one or two events she will become a beast in that event under the right coaching as well as if she remains healthy of course.
    I would tell all 3rd leg runners who receive the baton from her to do the same!! (LOL) :lol: It's a joke, so don't get it twisted........

Leave a comment:

• feltdog70
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by guru
    Adidas rolled some serious dice with Bianca Knight. So far it's fair to say they've gotten less than their six-figures worth.
    I don't know...BeeKay has a huge prep following. I believe she's sold more than her paycheck's worth of gear. Being a 19 y/o trials finalist and a collegiate record holder may have done that.

Not as huge as you think - none of my girls know who she is and they're pretty astute followers of the sprint side of things.

Both of Knight's PR's are pre-contract and growing beards, and the 200 is from INDOORS '08. It was a terrible move for her to leave early then, and nothing that's happened since would disprove that.
    With Knight's build I never quite understood why adidas felt compelled to throw Felix money at her. They should have just waited for Goodman. Now she's going to be a monster.....
    BK is still in school at Texas and I believe Adidas is paying for it. This is in addition to her contract money. Why would that be considered a terrible move for her? I would've done it under those circumstances. I highly doubt she regrets it.

And she's a couple of years removed now, but when she turned pro a couple of years ago as a college freshman, her name was fresh among the prep ranks. Some of your girls were middle schoolers then. Plus a lot of notoriety is regional so it depends on where they're from.

And if I were you I wouldn't sleep on BK. I mean she's superbly talented and as she matures she has the ability to not only make teams but win medals. Time will tell put I certainly believe she will pay off big time for Adidas.
    I hope that she does progress. Is her coach "handling her" properly? I ask out of ignorance, because I have no idea who her coach is.

Leave a comment:

• feltdog70
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    With Felix and Richards being the alpha dogs in the 200 and 400 at the world level, the shoe companies aren't likely to be throwing huge money at Lucas or Beard at this point.

My take on the methodology could be wrong, but from where I sit, while having "all the medalists" is important to the footwear dudes, what really matters is having No. 1 sewed up, and if there's doubt, you start hedging your bets. In those two events, not a lot of backup required with a 23- and 24-year-old having a lot of tread left on the tires.

Agree 100%.

Adidas rolled some serious dice with Bianca Knight. So far it's fair to say they've gotten less than their six-figures worth.
    You ain't lying.... Personally, I feel that the college experience would have done her some good. I guess they felt that:
    "a indoor collegiate record=top 3 worldwide outdoors."

Dang sure not the case. However, I do like her as a runner.

Leave a comment:

• LadyT
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Unconfirmed story says Ash is done at Bethune-Cookman,will either transfer to Buffalo or go pro.
    Buffalo??? Nobody else wanted to pick this kid up? I know a lot of their kids will be transferring with the loss of their coaches.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Unconfirmed story says Ash is done at Bethune-Cookman,will either transfer to Buffalo or go pro.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Richardson was a senior, so no reason for him not to have turned. He ran in 5 Euro Circuit meets in July. But when you're "only" a 13.29 guy, lanes are hard to find in that event these days.

Leave a comment:

• Andy4
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
    Belive Brathwaite turned pro right after JUCO Nationals, signing with Stella Management from England.
    What about Jason Richardson and Ronnie Ash did they turn pro also? Does anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• HotTrack
    replied
    I've forgotten all about her, what's up with her these days?

Leave a comment:

• doug091463
    replied
    ebony collins is a standout who still has collegiate eligibility left.

Leave a comment:

• HotTrack
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    I agree, but watch out for Alexandria Anderson as well. I think if she focus on one or two events she will become a beast in that event under the right coaching as well as if she remains healthy of course.

Leave a comment:

• HotTrack
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    With Felix and Richards being the alpha dogs in the 200 and 400 at the world level, the shoe companies aren't likely to be throwing huge money at Lucas or Beard at this point.

My take on the methodology could be wrong, but from where I sit, while having "all the medalists" is important to the footwear dudes, what really matters is having No. 1 sewed up, and if there's doubt, you start hedging your bets. In those two events, not a lot of backup required with a 23- and 24-year-old having a lot of tread left on the tires.

Agree 100%.

I really thought Bianca should had stayed in school at least one more year, then turn over to pro or wait after her junior year. But if I was in her shoes I'm not sure if I would had walk away from the Adidas deal.

Leave a comment:

• HotTrack
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    There's zero benefit to going pro in 2010 - no Olympics or World Championships. Financially it will be beneficial to get another year of development at the collegiate level before shopping for pro contracts in the next Olympic cycle(2011+).
    That's accurate if you're still in school, if you graduated then you gotta start making that living.

Umm, yeah.

But an underclassman like Beard is who will have a decision to make, and who we're talking about.
    My comments are not talking about Beard, it was stated top athletes.

So you don't think HotTrack was talking about underclassmen when he/she said EARLY?

Originally posted by HotTrack
    I was wondering has anyone heard anything about any of the top athletes that went to the pro circuit early. I was actually looking for Porsche & Jessica of Tx A&M to go to the pro circuit early.
    Yes, I was talking about people like Beard, & Porsche. If i'm not mistaken, I think Porsche ran one of the fastest outdoors 200 times in USA. I know she didn't do that well at the US Championship but she can definitely compete with the best, the same goes for Beard. This is Porsche last year at A&M so now I see she's gonna stick in there the entire 4 years. I thought Beard was going to do the same as Hastings, Richards, Marshetvett, Solomon as well as a list of others who went pro early.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Time will tell put I certainly believe she will pay off big time for Adidas.
    As you say, time will tell. But so far, I don't think she's been a very good investment for adidas.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    I don't know...BeeKay has a huge prep following. I believe she's sold more than her paycheck's worth of gear. Being a 19 y/o trials finalist and a collegiate record holder may have done that.

Not as huge as you think - none of my girls know who she is and they're pretty astute followers of the sprint side of things.

Both of Knight's PR's are pre-contract and growing beards, and the 200 is from INDOORS '08. It was a terrible move for her to leave early then, and nothing that's happened since would disprove that.
    With Knight's build I never quite understood why adidas felt compelled to throw Felix money at her. They should have just waited for Goodman. Now she's going to be a monster.....
    BK is still in school at Texas and I believe Adidas is paying for it. This is in addition to her contract money. Why would that be considered a terrible move for her? I would've done it under those circumstances. I highly doubt she regrets it.
    It was a terrible move from a developmental standpoint. She left a great coach and a great program to dive into waters that were, and still are, way too deep for her.

As for regret, why would she? She's raking in six figures every year.

And if I were you I wouldn't sleep on BK. I mean she's superbly talented and as she matures she has the ability to not only make teams but win medals. Time will tell put I certainly believe she will pay off big time for Adidas.

As you said, time will tell. But my money's on Chalonda G. long term.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X