Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago vs Berlin 09

Both very fast courses wind about even. I am going to here from Wanjiru fans.
    Geb doesnt get much respect on this forum.....

Wanjiru 2:05:41 ( 32-40 F 74% Humidity )

Geb 2:06:08 ( 55-68 F 68% Humidity )

Re: Chicago vs Berlin 09

Originally posted by puddys12
    Both very fast courses wind about even. I am going to here from Wanjiru fans.
    Geb doesnt get much respect on this forum.....

Wanjiru 2:05:41 ( 32-40 F 74% Humidity )

Geb 2:06:08 ( 55-68 F 68% Humidity )
    That humidity number is useless without more information. was that the relative humidity at 32 or 40 and at 55 or 68. It is very likely that the dew point was pretty constant and that the RH changed by a whole lot as the temperature rose.

The NWS has the 11:51 temperature at 40 (and hence the finishing time of 9:30 likely had a temperature of about 36 deg) and the dew point at 19, so I would guess that the RH is at the starting temperature of 32 because a RH of 74% at a T of 40 is about 33 degrees, not 19. Assuming the same, that the RH is at the starting point of 55 deg then the dew point was about 44 deg and the RH at the finish was just over 40%.

The conditions were better for Berlin than they were for Chicago. If I recall malmo's comment correctly, the colder temperature in Chicago would have resulted in the runners burning extra fuel to keep the body warm. This drain on fuel would account for the slow-up over the latter part of the race. Until the break was made the pace was right on WR and then slowed. The implication is that this would have been down in the 2:04-low range, especially since if it were in that range Wanjiru would have kept hammering to get the WR, whereas in the actual situation, once the WR was not feasible, the CR was the only real goal.

Comment

Working...
    X