Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after having crashed his BMW M3 Bolt gets faster car

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/200 ... news5.html

This machine has 40 more horses than the BMW. Lord have mercy.

What a wimp! For the world's fastest man, how can he settle for anythign less than the world's fastest car?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk1t6S737Cs

Comment

Re: So after having crashed his BMW M3 Bolt gets faster car

Originally posted by shearer39
      Lord have mercy.
      I doubt that he will be doing what got him into trouble with the BMW again. Besides that, the GTR is supposed to be a more forgiving car than the M3.
      Regards,
      toyracer

Comment

errr.... I have trouble using the words "forgiving" and "twin turbo" in the same sentence!

Comment

Just because one can run well does not mean they can drive well. Ego tends to get in the way of common sense. When I was in the aircraft business, we used to say the most dangerous thing in the air was a doctor in a Bonanza. Low performance pilot with ego in a high performance aircraft. Bolt would be well advised to drive a Prius and park the beemer.

Comment

The Nissan GTR much more suits Asafa, could really see Safa pushing that one (him being a true car). I figure his eyes must now be as green as ever seeing Usain pushing a drifter and not him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rye Catcher
              Just because one can run well does not mean they can drive well. Ego tends to get in the way of common sense. When I was in the aircraft business, we used to say the most dangerous thing in the air was a doctor in a Bonanza. Low performance pilot with ego in a high performance aircraft. Bolt would be well advised to drive a Prius and park the beemer.
              Actually, Bolt drove the test track for Top Gear (same people in the Veyron link) and he produced close to the fastest time they'd ever seen. They said that given his weight handicap (lot heavier than most drivers), he was as good as any. So in his case, he actually can drive well.

(if you want to be humbled, just go to one of the miniature Grand Prix tracks and take a spin and see how feeble your times are, and what kind of shlubs are better than you)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                Actually, Bolt drove the test track for Top Gear (same people in the Veyron link) and he produced close to the fastest time they'd ever seen. They said that given his weight handicap (lot heavier than most drivers), he was as good as any.
                So does that make him the Greatest Athlete Ever since Carl Lewis only was good at T&F? :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  What a wimp! For the world's fastest man, how can he settle for anythign less than the world's fastest car?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk1t6S737Cs
                  Actually, the world's fastest car is officially the SSC Ultimate Aero, though with such low production numbers, it seems like a bit of a stretch to call it a 'production' car. It beats out the Veyron by a very small amount.

Comment

The GTR is an amazing car, the handling will be superior!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      errr.... I have trouble using the words "forgiving" and "twin turbo" in the same sentence!
                      Actually, twin turbos are themselves usually more forgiving than a single big turbo on the same engine. Twin turbos are usually smaller, and have faster spool, delivering less of a jolt when they come on boost (in very loose terms). The forgiving nature of the car I referred to has to do with the drive-line and suspension. Despite being front engined the GTR has great F/R balance, using a trans-axle at the rear for better weight distribution. The transmission features paddle shifting, so there is less hand movement when driving. The suspension by Bilstein is electronically controlled active suspension, which adapts almost instantly to the surface being driven on. And 4WD is generally more forgiving than RWD.

Originally posted by Pelpa
                      The Nissan GTR much more suits Asafa, could really see Safa pushing that one (him being a true car). I figure his eyes must now be as green as ever seeing Usain pushing a drifter and not him.
                      Asafa already owns a R32 GTR, one of only two left in Jamaica (the third was written off a few years ago). Asafa's R32 is heavily modified and is easily one of the fastest street cars in the entire island. He has no need to be envious of Bolt in that regard.

As far as drifting is concerned, I'd say that Asafa's CLK 63 AMG Black Series has that covered if he was so inclined. Rear wheel drive and 90hp more than Bolt's GTR.
                      Regards,
                      toyracer

Comment

Toyracer, you need a tall galss of cool spring water.

Comment

?
                          Regards,
                          toyracer

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
                            ?
                            Toyracer are u safa mechanic?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

http://www.tuffchin.com/apps/blog/show/ ... err-hotttt

Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell are two of the fastest human beings on the planet, but even with all that speed the two still will race again,but this time they will be trading in their foot speed for the speed of a car.

Bolt will race his new Nissan GT-R against Powell who will drive in a Mercedes Black Series CLK C63 AMG this weekend in Jamaica.
                              The race will be gentlemanly and hopefully neither of the two track stars will be injured in the friendly race.
                              I hope this is just a rumor

Comment

Working...
                              X