Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HGH test

Originally posted by Vault-emort
    If authorities did find half the medallists from the 04 or 08 Games were on something through a retro test, would the powers that be allow such a s/storm to hit the news or would it be a case of 'cover up at all costs'?
    I think the "s/storm" is usually grossly overstated and a manifestation of our frustration and/or cynicism towards PEDs. WADA, if I'm not mistaken, would conduct the tests - whether the event was IAAF or IOC. So, I'm going to naively assume that they will do the right thing. The issue, to me, is whether or not the IAAF and/or IOC call for the samples to be tested in the first place, because I don't think that WADA can test them without the request. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruth Wysocki
      Too bad they can't go back 25 years or so.
      But was HGH around then, or was it more primitive cocktails in conjunction no random testing that prevented people from being caught?

Edit: In retrospect, maybe you mean it's a shame no samples remain from that era to test for all the drugs on the WADA list?

Comment

It was around all right. I first started hearing of HGH on a regular basis in 1984. It is truly disgusting to me to think that it has never been tested for in all these years. A wide open opportunity to cheat amongst all the testing that was going on. It really wouldn't matter if samples were available to test now or not. It wouldn't give back stolen opportunities for clean athletes. All I know for sure is that I can sleep well at night and live with myself knowing that everything that I did was clean.

Comment

Working...
        X