Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt to Tone It Down?

home-page-linked article says:

However, come 2010 when there is no Major Championships, Bolt said while he still want to win races, it would be in his best interest toning down.
    “We’ll definitely win races and try to do our best but we don’t really want to do too much, because after the upcoming season we have World Championships and the Olympics and I have to defend my titles, so I’m going to take it easy next season,” he said.
    The question is, can he? I really thought this would be a down year - I mean, he couldn't POSSIBLY top what he did in 2008!!

Will he only run 9.65 in 2010? 19.40?

Re: Bolt to Tone It Down?

Originally posted by Marlow

However, come 2010 when there is no Major Championships, Bolt said while he still want to win races, it would be in his best interest toning down.
    “We’ll definitely win races and try to do our best but we don’t really want to do too much, because after the upcoming season we have World Championships and the Olympics and I have to defend my titles, so I’m going to take it easy next season,” he said.
    The question is, can he? I really thought this would be a down year - I mean, he couldn't POSSIBLY top what he did in 2008!!

Sounds like just talk at the moment. If Gay can get himself into 9.65/19.40 shape Bolt will have no choice but to run fast in order to win races.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
      If Gay can get himself into 9.65/19.40 shape Bolt will have no choice but to run fast in order to win races.
      He only needs to be a consistent mid-9.7 100 guy and a 19.6 guy in the 200.

Comment

I reckon he might go for whatever big jackpot is out there next season, is it the diamond league??? not sure what kind of money will be floating around in that.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil

Sounds like just talk at the moment. If Gay can get himself into 9.65/19.40 shape Bolt will have no choice but to run fast in order to win races.
          That's if Gay is willing to face Bolt on more than one occasion as opposed to racing Asafa P. numerous times this past season.

Comment

I would still love to see Bolt smash some indoor records and make an appearance at the Penn Relays!!!! The Penn may have it's biggest turnout ever with Bolt being there!!!! or I could be wrong about that.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_Expanium
              The Penn may have it's biggest turnout ever with Bolt being there!!!! or I could be wrong about that.
              Could they fit more in?

Comment

edit: replied in error, apologies.
                Regards,
                toyracer

Comment

I wonder how his sponsors felt when they heard the news.
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Working...
                  X