X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Mr Johnson

Equals American record. 7.36

Re: Hello Mr Johnson

Wignall was on AJ's shoulder the whole way until crashing the 5th hurdle. Still finished 3rd with NR 7.48 but probably would have beaten Liu and run about 7.40 if he hadn't hit 5.

Comment

I didn t see it that way. From my perspective, AJ had a clear lead after the gun, hit his customary number of hurdles (all of them), and had zero imminent press from his comp. Robert Kronberg was right on AJ:s shoulder, too, in that case, but wound up out of medal contention after the first hurdle.

Comment

Watch the replay a few times. Kronberg was never in contention, Wignall ran 7.48 after hammering the last hurdle. He led Xiang Liu for 4 hurdles and Liu ran 7.43 so don't try and compare Wignall's run to Kronberg's who ran 7.59 for 6th.

Comment

Don t have the luxury of replay... saw it live. I am just stating that AJ won the race outright.

Comment

Thanks, but a quick glance at the results tell us that AJ won "outright" (what other kind of win is there in a track race?). I was trying to give those who didn't see the race a little insight into Wignall's exceptional performance, when you get home you can luxuriate in the replays and you will see how close he was to AJ over the first 4 hurdles and how his NR of 7.48 could have been a lot faster. AJ was never going to be beaten.

Also check out the picture of AJ clearing the last hurdle on the IAAF website and you will get a good look at how Wignall crushed the last hurdle and how close he was to AJ.

Comment

That is great for the Jamaican... PR. That is what the championships are all about.

Comment

Agreed with the Wignall run. Not bad for a long jumper.
                why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

I am a big fan of AJ and it is great to see the best hurdler of the world getting his third wic gold medal in a area record.
                  I really would like to watch him winning in Athens and getting the respect that he deserves.

Comment

What a class act Allen Johnson is - highly talented, a complete competitive animal -huge resolve, and a Gentleman.

Comment

larry rawson in the fox news telecast said today that allen was poor in the heats ! the guy was just moving on with minimal effort. in the final it showed, at hurdle 3 he was clearly ahead and pulling away. this is his best ever indoors, hope he can maintain outdoors.

Comment

Allen did the same thing in the wic last year. He is not so young so he do what he has to do get in the finals and then uses all his strength to win.
                        Everybody the the follows his career knows that.
                        Larry should know better.

Comment

Larry should know better>

larry has been covering track and field longer than allen johnson has been around, but it seems he does not know any better...

Comment

As one who saw the race live (and then a dozen times on replay), I say Rawson's analysis was spot on. AJ had a poor race in the semis and was lucky to advance. But as I noted in another thread, his rebound in the final earned him my performer-of-the-meet award

http://trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/discus ... hread=3925

Comment

Working...
                            X