Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holm wins gold

Stefan jumped 2.35m to win the gold as expected. Did anyone see his attempts at 2.41? Were they decent?
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Re: Holm wins gold

No, his 2,41m attempts were not like his 2,40 near-misses this winter. He has the capability, and can make 2,40m soon. IMHO, I think he should have jumped once at 2,38m to adjust between 2,35m and 2,40m.

Comment

HOLM VIDEO

WATCH VIDEOS OF HOLM, LEBEDEVA, DEVERS, ET AL HERE:

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=4959

Comment

Let:s see now...

62 meets over 2,30m
        8th meet this season over 2,31m
        17th-straight indoor victory, of which the last 15 have all resulted in 2,31m or higher!
        3-straight World Indoor titles!

Oj då!

Comment

From SVT.se

Translated:

Attempted at 2,41

Stefan Holm attempted 2,41, which surprised some. But Holm had three reasons.

These were:

1. It would have been a "world record" in jumping over one:s own height. Franklin Jacobs has the record of 59cm (2,32m).

2. He had previously this season fouled at 2,40m and wanted to change the pattern... do something different.

3. It would have tied Patrick Sjöberg:s Swedish indoor record.

Försökte på 2,41

Stefan Holm försökte på 2,41, vilket förvånade somliga. Men Holm hade tre skäl.

Dessa var:
          * 1: Det hade varit "världsrekord" i att hoppa över sin egen längd. Det har Franklin Jacobs på 59 centimeter (2,32).
          * 2: Han hade tidigare under säsongen rivit på 2,40 och ville bryta mönstret. Göra något annorlunda.
          * 3: Det hade varit en tangering av Patrik Sjöbergs svenska inomhusrekord.

Comment

Yes EPelle, but as you said, he should have tried an intermediate height

Comment

I disagree, the man made 2.35. Why "waste" maybe a couple of jumps at 2.38 when you can have another shot at 2.40. That's his goal for the indoor season. Maybe I question the 2.41 but he is in the shape of his life so he is not kidding around. Nobody has gone 2.40 since Voronin in '99 and this is what Holm wants, not 2.38.

Comment

Per, one thing is what you want to try and another very different thing is what you think that you can jump. I think that Holm was bold when he choose 2.41 m. One thing that I've learned when high jumping is that it's not worthy to choose a big difference in heights when you are coming near or beating your best

Comment

Well, the thing is we can't really question these guys. Holm had already won the competiton and had cleared every height on the first attempt.
                  His confidence level is extremely high right now.
                  It was his last indoor competion. He did not feel he needed a 2.38. As he said earlier to a Swedish newspaper, he is not even certain when he will hit this kind of shape again. What if the 2.40 jump had come on 2.38?

Comment

Working...
                  X