Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • valleyrunner
    • Oct 2005

Speedfirst - in regards to your comment above about how those on drugs would have different cycles than those who weren't is correct and I understand that. My point was to the original point made that I responded to regarding cycles in general. Drugs or no is not going to affect one's training to a point that they do or do not race during the indoor season.

Comment

• Speedfirst
      • May 2009

Originally posted by valleyrunner
      Speedfirst - in regards to your comment above about how those on drugs would have different cycles than those who weren't is correct and I understand that. My point was to the original point made that I responded to regarding cycles in general. Drugs or no is not going to affect one's training to a point that they do or do not race during the indoor season.
      I understand your point about running indoors, and as I indicated, there is no one answer as to why the top elite runners don't run as often. I am not suggesting you implied that.

Carmelita will be running indoors, again it comes down to the individual. Personally I really don't think perodization is that much of a factor, because that is accounted for during the training of an indoor season. The athletes who don't compete as much or maybe not at all, are still training.

For the ones who do run indoors, again that is part of the process/journey, toward their end results/objectives.
      on the road

Comment

• Brian
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mrbowie
        Because it is not safe
        So we could perhaps say that most sprinters are quite attached to their quads and hamstrings and prefer the opposite to also remain true?

Comment

• gh
          Administrator
          • Oct 2005
          • west of Westeros

I don't know if it's still the case with the sport being so internationalized, but back in the day when there was a real indoor circuit, some of the major promoters were very loathe to pay for top-dollar sprinters. Tough to justify cutting a major cheque for 6 seconds of work.

Comment

• tandfman
            • Oct 2005

In those days, some of the major meets ran heats in the sprints and hurdles, so they were actually paying for 12 seconds of work.

Comment

• gh
              Administrator
              • Oct 2005
              • west of Westeros

And some (few) ran both a 50 and a 60 to get more bang for their buck. (Didn't the old Washington Star meet have like a 50, 60 and 70?)

Comment

• tandfman
                • Oct 2005

I think so, but that was a long time ago, back when sprinters were not getting major cheques.

Comment

• dukehjsteve
                  • Oct 2005
                  • Fishers, IN

Originally posted by gh
                  And some (few) ran both a 50 and a 60 to get more bang for their buck. (Didn't the old Washington Star meet have like a 50, 60 and 70?)
                  Ah, gh, you are so young. It was 60,70, and 100. Not 100% sure of the 60,70 part, but definitely 100.

Comment

• dukehjsteve
                    • Oct 2005
                    • Fishers, IN

Originally posted by tandfman
                    I think so, but that was a long time ago, back when sprinters were not getting major cheques.
                    Hey, a crazy idea here.... was there ever a time that guys ran in meets because.... get this now.... it was FUN ??!!

Comment

• Ned Ryerson
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                      Originally posted by tandfman
                      Hey, a crazy idea here.... was there ever a time that guys ran in meets because.... get this now.... it was FUN ??!!
                      It's not the same when it's your job.

Comment

• jamaicantrackfan
                        • Oct 2005

World's fastest sprinter, Carmelita Jeter had a full indoor and outdoor season.

When everyone else was slowing down and getting tired, she got faster as the outdoor season ended.

Having run indoor earlier in the season obviously had no effect on her.
                        Cows need love too

Comment

• gh
                          Administrator
                          • Oct 2005
                          • west of Westeros

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan

When everyone else was slowing down and getting tired, she got faster as the outdoor season ended.

Maybe so, maybe not: one could posit that if she hadn't run indoors she might have been fresher at the end and popped off a few 10.5s!

Comment

• Ned Ryerson
                            • Jul 2009

More common in John Smith's crew.

Comment

• Speedfirst
                              • May 2009

....what do you consider a full indoor season?
                              on the road

Comment

• TrackDaddy
                                • Nov 2007
                                • The Command Post

It did appear that Jeter had a period where she tired during the season before getting her 2nd wind.
                                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Working...
                                X