Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    It did appear that Jeter had a period where she tired during the season before getting her 2nd wind.
    She got a bit injured at the WC Trials and that is when she was in her down period.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
      Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      It did appear that Jeter had a period where she tired during the season before getting her 2nd wind.
      She got a bit injured at the WC Trials and that is when she was in her down period.
      She has some tightness in her hamstring.
      on the road

Comment

[

Agreed Bman and I will add that to ANYONE who thinks that Ben Johnson was the only elite sprinter juicing you are living in a fairyland that quit existing long long ago.
        [/quote]

I agree fully!!! Steroids are not some type of magic pill that gives an 11 second 100 meter person the ability to run sub 10 seconds. If that was the case, everyone who Charlie Francis coached back then would have been sub 10 runners.

Comment

Never put much into indoor performances. The sprints are simply too short for anything real to be seen. I remember when high schooler LaNoris Marshall was beating world class-ites Don Quarrie and Steve Williams. Guys who did nothing outdoors running world record 60's. I think...abstract...fits.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            The Caribbeans who have attended US colleges have plenty of experience in running indoors, even if it's something they never did back home.
            How many top Caribbean athletes these days have attended US colleges? I get the impression that times have changed a bit....
            My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Originally posted by shivfan
              Originally posted by tandfman
              The Caribbeans who have attended US colleges have plenty of experience in running indoors, even if it's something they never did back home.
              How many top Caribbean athletes these days have attended US colleges? I get the impression that times have changed a bit....
              I'd say that fewer of the top Caribbean athletes have attended US college than used to be the case. Bolt and Powell are two glaring examples of athlete's who haven't. And you're now seeing some of the better Jamaicans turning pro early and going that route instead of coming to the US. But I think it's still a majority that do come here; the percentage is probably greater for women.

All of that is my gut sense. I haven't done a statistical study.

Comment

Working...
              X