X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very difficult for U.S. to beat us, so says Frater

http://www.trackalerts.com/?p=5725

On the matter of the USA making it to a final and competing to get back at Jamaica, the Trelawny-born athlete said  ”all things being equal and the way things are right now I don think they can beat us as long as we stay healthy and get in some practice it will be very very difficult for them to beat us”
    All hail Lord Zanus!

I think Frater means beat Bolt
    on the road

Comment

Just looking at this year's 100m times, taking the average of the Top 6 sprinters from each country, Jamaica is at 9.89 and the USA is at 9.91, so the difference is .08 seconds for a quartet. That is a good advantage, but it all still comes down to stick passing. So, yeah, my money is on Jamaica.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
        Its as if you're implying that bolt is the only guy jamaica has that's faster than everyone on the U.S. squad?
        All hail Lord Zanus!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Zanus
          Its as if you're implying that bolt is the only guy jamaica has that's faster than everyone on the U.S. squad?
          Nope, not at all, but take Bolt off................fill in the blanks.
          I assure you Frater isn't instilling much fear in the hearts of the U.S.
          on the road

Comment

Maybe frater doesn't worry you but the guys racing him know much better

If you take bolt off, jamaica has Nesta Carter or Yohan Blake. Its no secret that Bolt on the team is an obvious advantage. The problem is that jamaica is still even or better without. What nation can say Asafa is their 2nd fastest? Or did you forget about him.

Asafa Powell/Tyson Gay
            Yohan Blake/Walter Dix
            Nesta Carter/Darvis Patton
            Michael Frater/?
            All hail Lord Zanus!

Comment

Opinions here right, thought so, I'll stand behind mine.

Mike Rodgers for one. If Frater feels the way he does, he's entitled.
              Obviously Frater was speaking with respect to Bolt being on the team and my remark was tongue in cheek, because I KNOW Bolt is on the team.

But as Frater put it all things equal a healthy Tyson....I'll go with the U.S.
              on the road

Comment

Opinions here right, thought so, I'll stand behind mine.

Mike Rodgers for one. If Frater feels the way he does, he's entitled.
                Obviously Frater was speaking with respect to Bolt being on the team and my remark was tongue in cheek, because I KNOW Bolt is on the team.

Surprise!! Surprise!! A pro Us supporter no matter the odds. The last time I checked Bolt was Jamaican. And why pick on Frater? didn't he say Jamaica and not himself.

Another thing, if only some of us was compelled to put our money where our mouth is and see how differently we would think. A healthy Tyson, ha, are you serious? was Tyson hurt??

One Love!
                One Love!!!

Comment

But that ignores the fact that Jamaica not only passes better, but for the ONLY time that I've ever known, they are FASTER than the USA. That is a FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by onlooker
                    A healthy Tyson, ha, are you serious? was Tyson hurt?
                    People who are not hurt don't usually undergo surgery. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Something was not right. How much of a difference will its being right make? We'll see.

Comment

This argument over how the US has no chance is so ridiculous. To make such an argument is forgetting that things are not static. Both sides will have guys who are both improving and regressing. Injuries will play a role as well.

The US has a larger talent pool of up and coming guys than Jamaica. Jamaica has less motivation than the US after the recent problems. I even sense the US will have one or two guys soon under 9.8 in addition to Tyson.

But Jamaica has been more dominate of late so they get the right to talk but they need to know the more they talk the more they motivate the guys wearing the red, white and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                        People who are not hurt don't usually undergo surgery. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Something was not right. How much of a difference will its being right make? We'll see.
                        It surprises me that you consider this sort of nonsense worthy of reply.
                        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrunner
                          This argument over how the US has no chance is so ridiculous. To make such an argument is forgetting that things are not static. Both sides will have guys who are both improving and regressing. Injuries will play a role as well.

The US has a larger talent pool of up and coming guys than Jamaica. Jamaica has less motivation than the US after the recent problems. I even sense the US will have one or two guys soon under 9.8 in addition to Tyson.

But Jamaica has been more dominate of late so they get the right to talk but they need to know the more they talk the more they motivate the guys wearing the red, white and blue.

Another one, let me guess, Jamaica is regressing and the US is progressing. And you're also a mind reader, Jamaica is less motivated?. Your also a psychic? you sense the US have one or two sub 9.8 guy. You only sense two out of over 300 million.

One Love!!
                          One Love!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                            Originally posted by tandfman
                            It surprises me that you consider this sort of nonsense worthy of reply.
                            You're right. It just that it makes me a bit crazy when I see this particular bit of nonsense perpetuated, and I hate to see it go unrebutted.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                              But that ignores the fact that Jamaica not only passes better, but for the ONLY time that I've ever known, they are FASTER than the USA. That is a FACT.
                              Okay so what, I'll still go with the U.S.
                              You ever hear or see underdogs win, I'm sure you have, you might have in fact coach a team or two.
                              on the road

Comment

Working...
                              X