X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is OLUFASUBA Olusoji ?...

This nineteen years old nigerian sprinter seems
    to be among the top-world talents from the new
    generation as he set an excellent 10"15(-0.6)
    last year, and a top 6"50 on 60m this Winter.
    Can anyone tell us more about this new African
    hope?...

Re: Who is OLUFASUBA Olusoji ?...

I get spam messages with headers like that all the time. Pity the Nigerian mafia murdered his boss and left him holding the bag for $20 million.

Comment

He's the guy that has hijacked darkwing in the last 24 hours.

Comment

http://www.afn.org.ng/events_results/ed ... 200m_2.asp

or

http://www.afn.org.ng/events_results/ed ... n_200m.asp

Comment

I was about to ask why he wasn't on the Nigerian team in Budapest and then I realized there was NO Nigerian team at the WIC.

Comment

Oh yes, he was in Budapest. He didn't make it past the heats.
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

OK, so I shoulda put a smiley at the end of my attempt at wry humor:

OO was an oh-oh, running 6.78 in his heat and didn't advance. Egbele ran 6.71 and 6.78 and Ojokolo ran a non-advancing 7.44. AKA, there was no Nigerian team in Budapest :-)

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but look at the yearly 60 lists and see how many guys got their seasonal bests in Chemnitz.

Comment

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but look at the yearly 60
                >lists and see how many guys got their seasonal bests in Chemnitz.

Perhaps so, but Fasuba also ran 6.57 in Karlsruhe, so he obviously was in good shape. Something must have been wrong with him in Budapest...
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but look at the yearly 60
                  >lists and see how many guys got their seasonal bests in Chemnitz.

Actually the other Chemnitz times were not exceptional when compared to Budapest one week later: Chyla 6.63/6.62, Nkansah 6.57/6.64, Nemeth 6.64/6.63 and Ostwald 6.60/6.65. Differentials thus -0.01, +0.07, -0.01 and +0.05.

As for Fasuba's huge decline of -0.28 there is a very simple explanation:
                  After running 6.50 (heat) and 6.53 (final) in Chemnitz, Germany on late Friday evening he chose to travel to Liévin, France to compete there the next afternoon.
                  A 6.68 in his heat was - surprise, surprise - followed by a DNF in the Liévin final.
                  In view of that the amazing thing is that he could manage sub-6.80 less than a week later.

Comment

Silly me---I looked at the IAAF lists, assuming they had been updated to include Budapest when indeed they had not, so the improvements for Chyla and Németh at the WIC went unnoticed.

Comment

Working...
                    X