X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatlin warns Bolt & Tyson

http://www.reuters.com/article/ idUSTRE6055D120100106?type=sportsNews

"I could beat them before. I don't see why I can't run with them now," Gatlin told Reuters in a telephone interview after a training session in Naples, Florida. "Times don't scare me."

You have to admire his confidence. Cuz he was already banned for taking one illegal drug but apparently he hasn't learned his lesson since he's clearly taking some new undetectable hallucinogen.
    All hail Lord Zanus!

LOL.

Here is hoping he does get the Chambers treatment. There is no place in the sport for him, for so long as he continues to deny his cheating.

Comment

This article angered me so much, if he came back and ran faster than 9.77 does he really think anyone will believe him ever? he is a proven cheat and cost someone of an olympic and world title...

Comment

i remember a time when if you were banned you weren't allowed to train with other athletes, or they could also be banned, is this still the case or has he been training all by himself for the last 4 years ??
        i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
          i remember a time when if you were banned you weren't allowed to train with other athletes, or they could also be banned, is this still the case or has he been training all by himself for the last 4 years ??
          According to this, he's training with Loren Seagrave's group (inc. Angelo Taylor, Dwight Phillips, Travis Padgett).

Comment

Originally posted by Rineanna
            According to this, he's training with Loren Seagrave's group (inc. Angelo Taylor, Dwight Phillips, Travis Padgett).
            so have they all been 'contaminated' and are now unable to run or has that rule been dropped ??
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

[quote=mump boy]
              Originally posted by "mump boy":xbwthxdn
              so have they all been 'contaminated' and are now unable to run or has that rule been dropped ??[/quote:xbwthxdn]

The only instance of the "contamination rule" being invoked that I recall was Butch Reynolds in '92. IAAF blinked. If there were more instances, I missed them.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

[quote=Pego]
                Originally posted by "mump boy":2fme0i2a
                so have they all been 'contaminated' and are now unable to run or has that rule been dropped ??
                The only instance of the "contamination rule" being invoked that I recall was Butch Reynolds in '92. IAAF blinked. If there were more instances, I missed them.[/quote:2fme0i2a]

i'm not saying it was ever properly implimented but it was a rule, i was just wondering if it was still or if it had been dropped
                i deserve extra credit

Comment

I believe they got rid of it a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    I believe they got rid of it a few years ago.
                    i liked it, i'm not saying it was particularly workable but it did put an obstacle in the way of people being away for 2 years and then just coming back as if nothign had happened
                    i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by Matt1
                      There is no place in the sport for him, for so long as he continues to deny his cheating.
                      Has he ever denied cheating?

Comment

Wow....Justin was banned has done his time, there have been others prior to him banned and returned. Now he can't speak his mind, wow, or when he does, he's made fun of.

I'm sure Justin won't be influenced by those who oppose him.
                        on the road

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                          Originally posted by Matt1
                          There is no place in the sport for him, for so long as he continues to deny his cheating.
                          Has he ever denied cheating?
                          Yes, I believe he has.

Comment

Gatlin received punishment far exceeding his transgressions. To block him from the European circuit would be a crying shame, hypocrisy first class. Obviously, the drug "purists" around here that advocate "zero tolerance" will bare fangs.
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

At his best, Gatlin was good... very good. But as good/great as Bolt, or even Gay ? Not even close.

Comment

Working...
                              X