Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 High School Annual

(by Jack Shepard, 14551 Southfield Dr, Westminster, CA 92683, $12 postpaid)

Just got mine today and looking at the front and back covers, I see for the first time since girls also got covers in 1979, that the AOY is a thrower for both the boys AND the girls! (perhaps this was already discussed in the T&FN coverage, apologies if so). Kool beanz!

Both Finley and Jelmimi seem destined for greatness, despite the 'cover jinx' of the HSA! (I just made that up, but look how often prep phenoms DON'T pan out).

This publication is up there with the T&FN Annual, the FAST Annual, and the ATFS Annual as MUST buying for REAL USA fans! :twisted:

I love looking at the new class and/or age records, so I can fantasize about the upcoming years.

Boys - Verzbicas (frosh & age-15 8:53 2-mile), Fondren (frosh 7'), Vena!, Crouser (soph 202 DT - hmmm, that name sounds familiar! :wink: ), Bolton breaks McCullough's soph HT mark, 197'6!); Sanders age-14 200 in 21.44, Smith age-15 49' TJ

Girls - Reynolds frosh 52.15, Sveinsson soph 4:40 mile/ 10:04 2M!, Collatz soph 177' DT, Kraychir Jr 190' HT, Wilson age-14 13.77 100H

Good stuff!

re "Crouser" , there was an article about the Crouser family in SI a few months ago. Yep, same family that you suspected, Marlow.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
      re "Crouser" , there was an article about the Crouser family in SI a few months ago. Yep, same family that you suspected, Marlow.
      Also a Crouser Family story in the October issue of T&FN (with Ryan C on the cover).

Expanded version appearing on the site soon.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Originally posted by dukehjsteve
        Also a Crouser Family story in the October issue of T&FN (with Ryan C on the cover).

Expanded version appearing on the site soon.
        On second thought, I believe that is the article I was thinking about, not SI ? ??

Comment

Perusing it some more - this HAS to be a record:

18 returning boy HSers jumped 7' or better last spring!

15 returning girl HSers hurdled 13.99 or better

Comment

Working...
          X