Clear All

• NCAA Women Indoor predictions?

Trackwire is predicting this finish:

LSU 54
    Florida 53
    Texas 45
    Nebraska 43
    Tennessee 39

Anybody out there think differently? (Tom Borish, that question just screams out to you.) It seems to me that LSU is in real good position -- even if they falter in something, they have some other good athletes who perhaps could step up and compensate. My Texas Longhorns, on the other hand, don't seem to have any margin for error -- the bulk of their projected points come from Sanya Richards in the 200 and 400, Denby and McIntosh in the hurdles, and the 4x4. The only "step-up" points they might have are McIntosh in the 400, Hooker in the LJ and Carter in the shot, but McIntosh's strength is hurdling and Carter and Hooker are both frosh, so I don't have high hopes for surprises. The only thing I really know about Florida is they obviously have one hell of a throws coach.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Re: NCAA Women Indoor predictions?

I'll pick Florida to win with only 50 points - not only because I am a Floridian, but, even though LSU obviously has the better horses, Florida's points seem less subject to the usual vagaries of championships.

Comment

> Florida's
      >points seem less subject to the usual vagaries of championships.

I don't know about that -- I've seen some throwers fail spectacularly when the pressure is on.

Comment

Sorry about the off topic question, and if this has already been covered on another thread, I apologize.

Does anyone know of a TV listing for the NCAA this weekend?

Comment

>Does anyone know of a TV listing for the NCAA
          >this weekend?

Tape delay, as usual. Wednesday, ESPN2, 330-5pm EST.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

i would have picked the Longhorns as being a longtime favorite of any team that Bev coaches but i didnt see Hooker in the 60 or 200 and she ran quick times to qualify and she had a good conference meet if I'm not mistaken but there is the outdoor season..........My outdoor prediction the Tigers better step it up or the Longhorns will fly right pass them in 42.40 a new collegiate record in the 4x100....have u seen the speed Bev picked up this year.....

Comment

>i would have picked the Longhorns as being a longtime favorite of any team that
                >Bev coaches but i didnt see Hooker in the 60 or 200 and she ran quick times to
                >qualify

She wasn't qualified in the 200, but she had an auto in the 60. I'm not sure why Bev is holding her out. Maybe it is because she feels like Hooker has a shot at scoring in LJ, but the 60 field is too loaded (despite having an auto, she was only 10th in the 60 rankings) and she doesn't want to wear her out. I'm saying this without having reviewed the sked for Fayetteville, so this could be completely wrong. Or maybe she's worried about injuring Hooker, and doesn't want to push her too hard.

Comment

thans for the info wasn't to sure about the 200 but was quite sure about the 60 .....it could be sumthin else though becuz we know Bev if the horse is healthy she's definately not holdin her in the gate.......Sanya Richards......

Comment

I wish Bev Kerney would think of holding Sanya bakc a bit. I'd rather see her run 49 this summer than get 3rd place in an indoor 200 in March.

Comment

>I wish Bev Kerney would think of holding Sanya bakc a bit. I'd rather see her
                      >run 49 this summer than get 3rd place in an indoor 200 in March.

Don't worry about Bev Kearney's handling of Sanya--Richards ran the 200, 400, and 4x400 at last year's Indoor NCs, then went on to run a great anchor leg (holding off Russia's Natalya Nazarova) at last summer's World Outdoor Championships (August 31).

Comment

>i would have picked the Longhorns as being a longtime favorite of any team that
                        >Bev coaches but i didnt see Hooker in the 60 or 200 and she ran quick times to
                        >qualify and she had a good conference meet if I'm not mistaken but there is the
                        >outdoor season..........My outdoor prediction the Tigers better step it up or
                        >the Longhorns will fly right pass them in 42.40 a new collegiate record in the
                        >4x100....have u seen the speed Bev picked up this year.....

Don't worry, cause the LSU tigers thoroughbreds are already mature enough to out-race any loghorn pony's running after them! And for the record if Texas is gonna run a 42.4 then LSU would be running a 41.5!! LOL

Comment

that will just be an NCAA showdown we would luve to see.....If u look at it Durst is a lil iffy right now since injuring her knee at NC's last yr....and has not run no where what she did Soph yr..............and speaking of the new speed Bev picked up Raasin McIntosh is improving greatly on the flat as well....23.66(indoors!!!!)as well as 52.29......Sumthin right is happening

Comment

Hi trackstar, am also a longhorn fan and from what i heard Hooker pulled up in the 200m at big12's with a hamstring, i guess it wasn't real bad since shes jumping but i guess she pulled her in the 60m because of it...Also Chapple was not entered in the 60m despite running a 23.61 not sre why Bev didn't enter her...HOOKEM HORNS

Comment

Trackwire's picks in the women's weight were almost exactly accurate. So far Florida's 53 points are holding up.

Comment

Working...
                              X