Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Indoor Contest Entries Are Open!

Well naturally, the pick I screwed up -- Candice Scott in the weight -- came true. Four points for me, sort of.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Well, now that's odd -- my scores showed up in the rankings. Is there a flaw in the program, or did you guys have mercy on me?

Comment

Looking at your picks, your score, and possible score, and winners everthing in the contest rankings is right on the money. Not sure what you're seeing.

Comment

>Well, now that's odd -- my scores showed up in the rankings. Is there a flaw in
          >the program, or did you guys have mercy on me?

I didn't think that the entry was flawed. I just don't think that you can pick the same athlete in the same event more than once. I see that I am heading for another stellar finish similar to my third last in the NCAA regional cross country contest.

Comment

>Looking at your picks, your score, and possible score, and winners everthing in
            >the contest rankings is right on the money. Not sure what you're seeing.

I thought that if we picked more than one winner in the same event (which I mistakenly did in the women's shot), we were disqualified. Oh, I see -- I misunderstood this rule:

"You can only select an athlete in a given event for one of the point values. So you can select M 3000 Alistair Cragg for 10 points and M 5000 Alistair Cragg for 2 points but not M 3000 Alistair Cragg for both 10 and 2 points. If you violate the rule your entry will automatically be disqualified."

Okay then, I didn't have an illegal entry, just a stupid one, because I picked both Gerraughty and Scott to win the women's shot. If one of them wins, I have either given away 12 points or 4 points. I'll need Gerraughty to win to minimize the damage.

Comment

Correct. The program that collects your entry actually checks that you don't violate the rule you mention. But there is no rule in place to keep you picking two different people in the same event.

Comment

Hey, 29th place isn't too bad. Of course, if I hadn't screwed up and accidentally picked Scott in the wrong event, I would have been 18th.

Comment

Interesting -- no one was perfect. Hey, you 11-pick guys -- I'm curious to know what you got wrong.

Comment

I don't care a flying flip what the rules of this board are - HUTF is on DRUGS!! How on earth did she/he get 77 points. Recall! If he/she is NOT on drugs, then she/it (say that quickly and you get my point) spiked the Gatorade at the meet, so my picks couldn't win! FIX!

Comment

>I don't care a flying flip what the rules of this board are - HUTF is on
                      >DRUGS!!

Careful now -- if HUTF's second sample comes back clean, you'll be owing an apology. :-)

Comment

Recount! Or enlarge the eligibility for prizes. Coming so very close, after 54 years of paying the full subscription price (enough of a contribution surely, if prudently invested, to pay GH's salary), I think I ought to get a free subscription. I amazed myself.

Comment

Working...
                        X