• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by Lord_Zanus
    Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
    Originally posted by gh
    5 years is an eternity in the sprint game, and with the population gap, "logic" says U.S. will be back on top sooner than later, given the normal ebb and flow of things. As to 5 years ago, here's the top-10 ranked sprinters of 2005 to show how quickly people come and go:

2005 100 1 Justin Gatlin (US)
    2005 100 2 Asafa Powell (Jamaica)
    2005 100 3 Aziz Zakari (Ghana)
    2005 100 4 Dwight Thomas (Jamaica)
    2005 100 5 Michael Frater (Jamaica)
    2005 100 6 Francis Obikwelu (Portugal)
    2005 100 7 Leonard Scott (US)
    2005 100 8 Kim Collins (St. Kitts)
    2005 100 9 Marc Burns (Trinidad)
    2005 100 10 Ronald Pognon (France)

History has never seen the likes of a Usain Bolt, thus the dominance will continue for years to come. Don't forget, Bolt is only 23.
    I thought Mo said Jamaica would continue to dominate, so you agree WHO is Jamaica

Still only an opinion.
    Dominance is a collective effort. If this was tennis or golf then we can talk about bolt. But since he's not the only one, then the concept of jamaica dominating will obviously include him. So now you include women and its pretty easy to see how someone can expect jamaica to remain in a position to suceed. Or do you think Bolt runs for the women as well.

Its pretty childish to keep flooding the thread with comments about things not being fact. Especially when no said it was. Is it a fact that jamaica WON'T dominate?
    If you see the theme of what's going on, you'll see why I have stated what I have about facts. Your calling me childish, is a joke, stay on topic. If you feel it is, simple ignore me and my post, that easy. For the umpteenth time, I'm entitled to my opinion, just liked you stated yours in this post.
    I've seen the theme. A lot people agree with Greene's OPINION. I have yet to see anyone say that it's set in stone that Greene is right. It's annoying and childish to continue insulting everyones intelligence by telling them something they already know. The fact that you can plead with me about you being entitled to your opinion is pretty ironic isn't it?
    All hail Lord Zanus!

Comment

Originally posted by bhall
      Stop acting like bickering children or I'll put you guys in timeout.
      Problem is that childish comment was out of line and unwarranted. He has something personal, than pm me.
      I find it odd that out of all the things people have called you, that's what you choose take offense to. There's nothing personal, just my opinion.
      All hail Lord Zanus!

Comment

Problem is that childish comment was out of line and unwarranted. He has something personal, than pm me.
        I find it odd that out of all the things people have called you, that's what you choose take offense to. There's nothing personal, just my opinion.
        LOL.....how do you know what I have taken offense to? It is personal, and unwarranted, in particular how the discussion was going. You can't even reply to the pm, but you rather go on here in this thread. I'm thru replying to any of your post, I'll ignore you, if you elect to reply to my post, so be it.
        on the road

Comment

LOL.....how do you know what I have taken offense to? It is personal, and unwarranted, in particular how the discussion was going. You can't even reply to the pm, but you rather go on here in this thread. I'm thru replying to any of your post, I'll ignore you, if you elect to reply to my post, so be it.
          First off, I didn't know there was a PM to repond to. And me replying to you here has everything to do with the thread and the topic. Not some Pm I didn't know existed.

I know what you took offense to you because you've clearly taken offense to a specific comment. Wasn't rocket science. What you were doing was unwarrented and didn't add to the thread one bit. Address that part of my post.

There are far too many posters here to care if you stop responding to me.
          All hail Lord Zanus!

Comment

Yes, it's just Maurice Greene's opinion....

But as a former gold medallist and world record holder, I believe he's entitled to express an opinion about the longevity of Jamaican sprinting, and whether America can challenge Jamaica over these distances in the next five years.

I thought the article made for interesting reading....
            My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Originally posted by shivfan
              Yes, it's just Maurice Greene's opinion....

But as a former gold medallist and world record holder, I believe he's entitled to express an opinion about the longevity of Jamaican sprinting, and whether America can challenge Jamaica over these distances in the next five years.

I thought the article made for interesting reading....
              Of course Mo can express his opinion, that's not the point. You don't have to be a former gold medalist and world record holder, to form an opinion. Are you saying because he is Mo Greene, his opinion holds more weight?
              on the road

Comment

if maurice green had said he believed usain bolts dominance would continue for y years, i would agree as bolt is young and head and shoulders above his competition, other than that we (USA) match up well, tyson gay vs powell fairly equal and we have a endless line of good sprinters coming up, in the womens sprints carmelita jeter, felix match up with their best, and again we have a long line of sprinters that are young, and good and who will have great moments during their careers. as for the way i look at the best country ever in any event,using the tilastopaja top 100 all time list, the USA is so far ahead they wont be caught for a few centuries if ever. bolt is amazingly great, i think he will improve his 100 and 200 records and also get the 400 record with a low to mid 42, when he wants it. i just hope bolt does not waste his talent on gimmicks like racing the best 5/10k runner over 600-800 meters, or race an NFL running back who has personal best's of 10.50 and 21.30 respectively.

Comment

42 low or mid???? :shock:

SMH!!!
                  LOL smiley face!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X