Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellebaut to return

Not sure whether this has been posted already, but Tia Hellebaut plans to return to competition this season.

Re: Hellebaut to return

http://www.european-athletics.org/index ... 8&Itemid=2

Those Belgians are such jokers! Between Kim Clisters, Justine Henin and now Hellebaut, they really should just say they're taking a year or two of a break, and not announcing their retirement.

But that is great news, and here's hoping she can add some spice to the Vlasic-Friedrich saga, and hopefully Sleasarenko and Chicherova will step it up this year. Fun times ahead...

Comment

Sadly, she won't be contesting the multi.

Comment

Do Belgian sportswomen have some sort of problems making commitments to retirement? :?
        http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Should we be expecting Kim Gevaert to make a similar announcement soon?
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
            Gevaert really left the impression that she's achieved what she wanted, doesn't see how she could get any better and has enough. With Hellebaut there's however no reason why she shouldn't return, she was at her top and could be so again.
            I think Verena Sailer wouldn't be pleased to see Kim retrurn, too. Hellebaut vs Vlasic vs Friedrich at a major event, all in top shape could push them up to Wc level.

Comment

i wish she would coz another euro double or even triple would deffo be onthe cards
              i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                i wish she would coz another euro double or even triple would deffo be onthe cards
                triple?
                or do you also include 60m?

Comment

no i meant 4x1

as OG silver medallists belgium wouuld have a great chance of gold at euros with kim back on board
                  i deserve extra credit

Comment

Kim really has to come back into 11.1-11.0 shape for that.
                    Can't see it happen unfortunatly.

Comment

Originally posted by HoGu
                      please what european runners are running 11.10 !!

Evgeniya Polyakova was the fastest euro runner last year and that was in russia, she ran 11.52 in berlin !!

in her last year 08 kim ran 11.05 and she's still only 31 there is no reason she couldn't get back down to 11.10 and faster :?
                      i deserve extra credit

Comment

So pleased Tia's comong back!!!

Love her :mrgreen:

Comment

Evgeniya Polyakova was the fastest euro runner last year and that was in russia, she ran 11.52 in berlin !!

in her last year 08 kim ran 11.05 and she's still only 31 there is no reason she couldn't get back down to 11.10 and faster :?
                          one reason is time.
                          She has less than 6 months to get into her life-time best shape.
                          Or do you have any information about Kim on her training status?

But don't get me wrong, I would love to see Kim make a come-back and win the double or even the triple.

Comment

one reason is time.
                            She has less than 6 months to get into her life-time best shape.
                            Or do you have any information about Kim on her training status?

But don't get me wrong, I would love to see Kim make a come-back and win the double or even the triple.
                            got you

i was never suggesting that she really would be runnig at the euros just that i wished she would have. if she'd decided at the end of last year to return i think the triple would have been on the cards. i agree it is too late now unless she has kept herself in top shape

i don't know anything about her personal circumtances and OG silver wasn't a bad time to finish but it would have made more sense to retire on a high after Euro wins
                            i deserve extra credit

Comment

Current back strain permitting, maybe Verena Sailer would have something to say about Kim's return anyway. She ste a PB of 11.18 in 09 (into the wind) and finished the best european in Berlin (6th in SF) Her improvement curve is on the up too, so hopefully she can get down nearer to 11.0

Comment

Working...
                              X