Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meadows 1:59.11 (NR), Mekonnen 3:33.10 (5th all-time)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meadows 1:59.11 (NR), Mekonnen 3:33.10 (5th all-time)

Ennis has withdrawn from Birmingham. Her foot injury mustn't have healed in time. Hopefully she'll still be okay for the World Indoors.

Re: Ennis withdraws from Birmingham

How did she injure her foot?

Comment

Re: Ennis withdraws from Birmingham

And to kick Ennis when she's down, Natalya Dobrynska has just set a national record of 4778 at the Ukrainian national championships.

Comment

Re: Ennis withdraws from Birmingham (Dobrynska in good form)

the story is she has a slight ligament straign and is resting as a precaution

i hope it's nothing more serious
        i deserve extra credit

Comment

Missing the nationals, and now this...she needs to be at her best to hold off Fountain, and what with Chernova and Dobrynska setting good scores...come on Jess!

Comment

Does anyone (Powell?) know if Tyminska is aiming for the world indoors? I see she set a 60H PB of 8.34 last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
              Does anyone (Powell?) know if Tyminska is aiming for the world indoors? I see she set a 60H PB of 8.34 last weekend.
              Yes, she is. I hear she's competing as a guest at the Austrian national champs this weekend.
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I have already said it elsewhere; Jessica Ennis will not win the World Indoors sadly; my bet is on Fountain. JE's excellent performances were too early , in my opinion. Hope she does not screw up the rest of her season because of wanting to do the business Doha,; there are bigger fish to fry such as Barcelona, where all will be present, except HF.

Comment

Originally posted by 72
                  JE's excellent performances were too early, in my opinion.
                  Difficult to say, as she only had 'early' performances because of the injury. Had it not been for that, for all we know she could have continued to improve. She always has done in previous seasons. As her coach said, regardless of the time of year Ennis is never far away from being in top form. And she has never ever mis-timed her peak. Every championships she has competed in over the past six years, she has ended up setting a heptathlon/pentathlon PB. No reason to believe she wouldn't have done so again in Doha.

Unfortunately, due to the injury, she might not be at her best in Doha and all this will be moot anyway :?

Comment

I am confused, every schedule I have seen listed Birmingham for Feb 19th but on the website it has BOTH dates and it appears it hasn't yet started since there are no results up and no discussion on here. Note on the link provided under results it has 19.02.10 on top and a half inch below says timetable for 20.02.2010.

Comment

It's definitely on the 20th. They must have used the web pages from last year's event and forgot to change the date.

Comment

Re: Ennis withdraws from Birmingham. Bekele & Farah are also out

Bekele (calf injury) and Mo Farah (not 100%) have also pulled out. Sammy Mutahi (7:32 guy) is now the top draw in the men's 3000m.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                          Bekele (calf injury) and Mo Farah (not 100%) have also pulled out. Sammy Mutahi (7:32 guy) is now the top draw in the men's 3000m.
                          This stinks. Was looking forward to the meet and now.....not so much.

Comment

Injuries are terrible and a big disappointment. I wish Hyleas Fountain had been healthy in Berlin last year. I think she would have won fairly easily.

Comment

Just won a fiver, cos I bet a pal that Mo Farah would not be in Brum. Trouble with the overrated MF is he loves training its just the competing bit is not always to his taste.

Comment

Working...
                              X