Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error in eTN?

This week's eTN lists the Texas 4x4 runners who did the 3:28.69 as McIntosh, Chapple, Jones, and Richards, but the UT press release at http://texassports.com/mainpages/tk_pag ... 04_10.html identifies them thusly:

In the 4x400-meter relay, the final women's event of the championships, UT's foursome of seniors Alyssa Aiken (Chantilly, Va.) and Raasin McIntosh (Houston, Texas), and sophomores Sheretta Jones (Houston, Texas) and Richards recorded a time of 3:28.69 to defend their national title and notch the Longhorns' final 10 points of the meet.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Re: error in eTN?

You are correct. The Texas SID confirms that I got the wrong line-up from the NCAA results.

Comment

I liked the way you guys put both feet and inches and meters on the charts, very helpful and much easier to figure out.

Comment

So what was the order? Was it McIntosh who ran that 50.9?

Comment

Amazing thing about that 3:28 -- it wasn't even their best line-up. In that press release, Kearney said this:

"The 4x4 had a tremendous job on its hands because they were not in the faster section. We knew we had to do it on our own, and we lost Jerrika (Chapple) this morning because she was under the weather. We had to use two alternates, Sheretta (Jones) and Alyssa (Aiken), but they both ran out of their minds. They did an awesome job. Raasin (McIntosh) came back to sprint 50.59 on her second leg. What can you say after that? Then, Sanya (Richards) brought it home on the anchor."

(And obviously, that answers my previous question about that fast split.)

Comment

Bodes well for Raasin's 400H.

Comment

The order of splits was correct. The personnel were wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X