X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawrence 45.10, james 45.24 at SEC indoors

WOW

Re: lawrence 45.10, james 45.24 at SEC indoors

Wowza!! You'd have thought that, coming from such a small country, Alleyne Francique (former NCAA champ and two-time World indoor champ) would hold on to his 45.35i NR for quite a long time. But then a 17-year-old kid comes along and knocks more than a tenth off it! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
      Wowza!! You'd have thought that, coming from such a small country, Alleyne Francique (former NCAA champ and two-time World indoor champ) would hold on to his 45.35i NR for quite a long time. But then a 17-year-old kid comes along and knocks more than a tenth off it! :shock:

Are you talking age group record or the Senior NR? I am almost sure Francique ran 44.+ while he was at LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Blimpie
        Originally posted by Jon

Are you talking age group record or the Senior NR? I am almost sure Francique ran 44.+ while he was at LSU.

Not indoors he didn't.

Comment

Sadly, James and Lawrence were in separate heats of the 400 final.
          After Florida went 1,3 in the 200 the team score is Ark-89, FL-80, and Florida is currently 1,2 in triple jump with two over 53'. Payback for Dick Booth!

Comment

Originally posted by Blimpie
            Originally posted by Jon
            I'm talking senior indoor record - hence the 'i' after 45.35.

Comment

Kirani James set the world junior indoor 400m record with his 45.24, after the race, he stated that he ran a poor first 200m even tho he was leading the race. Torrin Lawrence, is probably the smoothest sprinter I ever seen. He also stated that James run put him into a zone. They both agreed that due to SEC rules (safety rules) they weren't allowed to compete against one another killed it for the fans and the sport, but understood the reasonng behind that rule not to have all four guys in one heat as it could be very dangerous.
              LOL smiley face!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sprintextreme
                Kirani James set the world junior indoor 400m record with his 45.24
                Not quite. That belongs to LaShawn Merritt (44.93i).

Comment

They both agreed that due to SEC rules (safety rules) they weren't allowed to compete against one another killed it for the fans and the sport, but understood the reasonng behind that rule not to have all four guys in one heat as it could be very dangerous.
                  Think it was a 2 section final with 4 in each section, with the second section having the 4 fastest qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                    They both agreed that due to SEC rules (safety rules) they weren't allowed to compete against one another killed it for the fans and the sport, but understood the reasonng behind that rule not to have all four guys in one heat as it could be very dangerous.
                    Think it was a 2 section final with 4 in each section, with the second section having the 4 fastest qualifiers.
                    And james had the 4th fastest time in the prelims. They took the top two and put them in the 2nd heat and the 3rd and 4th were put in the 1st heat...

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                      Think it was a 2 section final with 4 in each section.
                      There were nine finalists.

Comment

Finally someone who might make forummers stop discussing the X-man and hoping he finally fulfills his potential. Its high time :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Comment

Kirani James set the world junior indoor 400m record with his 45.24, after the race, he stated that he ran a poor first 200m even tho he was leading the race. Torrin Lawrence, is probably the smoothest sprinter I ever seen. He also stated that James run put him into a zone. They both agreed that due to SEC rules (safety rules) they weren't allowed to compete against one another killed it for the fans and the sport, but understood the reasonng behind that rule not to have all four guys in one heat as it could be very dangerous.
                          I'm curious as to what exactly these rules are, and if they would effect the NCAA final?

Comment

Working...
                          X