Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why women tracksters should be like actresses

I made my maiden name a middle name and took my husband's last name (so both show up on my ID, but I only have one last name). I use both (not hyphenated) for professional stuff, but just my new name for regular stuff.

Comment

Maybe all female tracksters and fieldsters and walksters and roadsters and multieventsters should take the name Spartacus...

Comment

In general I have found that the older that a woman marries, the more likely she is to retain her last name, especially in a professional/academic world. In fact, I can hardly think of an academic that changed their name if they got married after starting their professional life (e.g., after getting a PhD).

Comment

You guys are all over the map with this and have yet to ask a question.
          She is officially Sanya Ross, no hyphen. (She posted it to twitter) However on the track she will hyphenate her name.
          SOme of you ask why. Simple, recognition and familiarity. Last names are what we look to first most times and female athletes are very conscious of this. In the cases I know of, this conversation has been had by the husband and wife going in. And yes it is a big deal because she has to register the change with the iaaf and usatf so her results are recorded properly, money paid right, travel documents correct, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X