Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA outdoor attendance?

Does anyone know the attendance figures from last year's NCAA outdoor championships? And, what was the capacity of the host stadium?

Thanks,
    Lee
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Re: NCAA outdoor attendance?

Part of your answer:

Original Capacity: 6,000+
    Renovated Capacity (1992): 26,000
    Current Capacity (1997): 17,000

Comment

Sacramento produced last summer in hosting the NCAA outdoor meet, drawing more than 32,000 to the four-day meet, including 8,900 and 10,400 on the final two days.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/tr ... 2857c.html

Comment

Thanks! I was just wondering if I should buy my tickets to NCAA 2004 here in Austin now, but based on those figures, there will be plenty of seating available the day of the event (Myers Stadium holds 20,000). I guess it's just a matter of how close I want to be to the finish line. Of course, if you're a jumps fan, the best seats are on the other side of the stadium.

Comment

If you really want to see what's happening in races (other than being on top of the actual finish) the best seats in the house are also on the other side of the stadium.

Comment

No problem. I got same-day tickets to two of the last three USATF finals when I was in the USA and sat just near the PV pit both years.

Comment

As I've said on another thread, pretty much any place in Myers stadium is a good seat. (Except, ironically enough, the second row of the press box, from which you can't see the ends of the track. If I'm working press and get assigned there, I usually end up moving outside and watching from the stands and then running back inside to type up the story. They really ought to expand it.)

Comment

Working...
              X