Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontline World story on Kenyan women runners

March 25 on PBS. Always an excellent show. Check your local listings, as they say.

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/

Re: Frontline World story on Kenyan women runners

Reminder that this show is on tonight.

Comment

Did anyone watch? I was out, so I'll watch the tape ths weekend.

Comment

Well, shoot -- I wish I had seen this thread last week. You're right, Frontline is an excellent show, I bet this was a particularly good episode.
        "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Excellent report. LK is doing something incredibly special for the women of her country. She paid for the facilities and the women's camp. She also takes on anyone with desire knowing many will never do anything in running, but she is trying to change the whole way of thinking for Kenyan women. She wants them to know they can do anything they want in life instead of the traditional work the fields only.

Comment

Finally saw the tape last night. Good stuff. I'm always blown away by how beautiful the Kenyan countryside is. I'd love to go for a month and just run.

Seems like LK is genuinely doing something to help women. Very refreshing. Those I know who work with (mostly male) Kenyans, say they're extremeley ungenerous. Understandably so, but it's still a heartwarming story.

Comment

Working...
            X