Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larwood Quits

Larwood, former trivia question poser and who helped reform hjsteve in his errant ways of answering trivia questions, by pointing out it is impolite to cheat, i.e. looking up the answer, has announced he has quit.

Larwood, as many of you may have noticed, has not posted for quite some time and would have prefered to go quietly into that good night. However, he did not know it was impolite to leave without some sort of polemic.

Larwood, has now retired back to Nottinghamshire to once again throw bouncers at Aussies.

Re: Larwood Quits

Well, if you want to throw a polemic fit, do it already! This is pretty weak tea compared to the extravagant "death scenes" (literally and figuratively) we've witnessed here recently. We demand a "demise" up to the standard of silent-movie melodrama. Nothing more restrained or rational will be accepted.

Comment

> We demand a "demise" up to the standard of
      >silent-movie melodrama. Nothing more restrained or rational will be accepted.

With apologies to WC:

We shall defend our message board, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the trivial, we shall fight on the lengthy threads, we shall fight in the statistics and in the anecdotes, we shall fight in the rumours and gossip; we shall never surrender.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 01214.html

Comment

Hey wait a minute, I'd like to tender my resignation before the mall-rats get with the trend.

I QUIT! YOU'LL MISS ME. JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE! YOU'LL, YOU'LL, WELL....YOU'LL REGRET IT!

Comment

With apologies to
          >WC:

Now hang on a second. I thought those were the opening lyrics to Supertramp's "Fool's Overture".

Comment

Well, I am announcing right now that I intend to stay around and see that you all get corrected whenever your opinions are in error. Take that and lump it!

Comment

Working...
            X