Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lashinda Demus

Did a 2:09.16 800 and a 13.45 100H on the same day?
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Re: Lashinda Demus

I don't know, did she?

Comment

>Did a 2:09.16 800 and a 13.45 100H on the same day?

Yep, that's true. Allyson Felix also ran a 2:16 800m (not sure if it was the same meet, though).

Comment

While we're on the subject of a 400 hurdler, was anyone besides myself surprised to see Kim Batten's name listed in the last Etrack news letter? Did she make any annoucment of a come back? she hasn't run in three years,but could be a real threat to the young crowd(Demus, McIntosh, Johnson) at trials. She opened at 57.6 and also ran a 200 at 24.1. Not bad for a first race back and in four months...

Comment

Saw it on Bob Podkaminer's NCAA performance list at http://members.aol.com/rpodkam in the women's section
          why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Who has the best ever 800, 100H (110H) double, man or woman?
            Harold Schmidt, West Germany?
            Courtney Hawkins, US
            Laurent Ottoz, IT
            Kevin Young, Dave Hemery, Ralph Mann
            Esther Alphonso, Dayton, Ohio?
            Sandy Myers, US and Spain
            Irena Privalova
            Jackie Joyner Kersee

Comment

Without looking anything up, my gut feeling is David Patrick.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Does anyone know if Kim is back in Tallahassee training w/ Terry or is She training herself.....and how about Kim Jones dropping a 13.35 at the FSU Relays as well...........

Comment

Does anyone know if Kim is back in Tallahassee training w/ Terry or is She training herself.....and how about Kim Jones dropping a 13.35 at the FSU Relays as well...........

Comment

Esther Alphonso, Dayton, Ohio?

I remember Esther Alfonso very well. She was another victim of the injury bug and never really got close to her full potential.
                    As a matter of fact Esther and I graduated from the same high school the same year, (Dayton Wayne) she actually transferred from Dayton Stebbins, and up until 9th grade she could school me in any event. Esther ws running the open 440 yard dash around 55 flat in the 8th grade! What a talent! Another in a long line of great hurdlers from Dayton, Ohio. Moses. Martin, Hawkins, Buford, etc.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken LaVonna Martin 1992 Olympic Silver Medalist 100m hurdles is from Ohio....as well as 1994 NCAA Champ Glenn Terry who i believe still holds the high school 42" barrier record at 13.86......

Comment

Of those mentioned the only records i can find where the athlete has PRs in both events is:

JJK - 12.61 & 2.08.51
                        Privalova - 13.56 & 2.09.40
                        (from http://www.tilastopaja.com/)

Comment

Re: Lavonna Martin

Yes she is from Trotwood, Ohio which is adjacent to Dayton, Ohio. Time permitting, I have an aim to write a book about the hurdlers from the Dayton, OHio (Miami Valley) area. Glenn Terry is from Columbus, which is a mere 55 miles from Dayton.

Did I ever tell anyone how much I love this sport?

Comment

Is this thread setting a record for the most off-track, digressing, going in the general-direction-of-somewhere thread ever?

Comment

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but you would have known about Demus' 800/100H double if you had signed up for e-Track, our electronic results service that is FREE to all subscribers.

Comment

Working...
                              X