Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Canadian Track Mag

Called Track Star, picked up a copy today. Initial issue, glossy, packed with great photos. Found it at a newsstand downtown Toronto. Much better than any other Canadian publications.

Re: New Canadian Track Mag

Is there any mention in there about them having a website? If so, do you have the address?

If not, is there a contact email for them?

Comment

>Is there any mention in there about them having a website? If so, do you have
      >the address?

If not, is there a contact email for them?

Just googled it and couldn't find a thing.

Comment

Since I'm assuming this isn't a mass circulation publication right off the bat, what newstand in downtown Toronto did you find this at, Mel? It's interesting to note that there hasn't been a peep about this being in the works from within the Canadian track scene.

Don't know what other publications it has to compete against. Beyond AC's Athletics magazine, is there anything else? I presume the Running Room advertorial periodical doesn't count.

Comment

>Just
          >googled it and couldn't find a thing.

Well if they're a new publication, their site is also most probably new too (if they have one). New sites always take a good few weeks to get listed on google (unless they pay their way on to there!).

Comment

Well if they're a new
            >publication, their site is also most probably new too (if they have one). New
            >sites always take a good few weeks to get listed on google (unless they pay
            >their way on to there!).

Except that you would have thought it would have got a mention somewhere in the mainstream press and no hits on news google either.

Comment

Someone obviously wasn't googling hard enough! Found this in a matter of seconds:

http://www.canthrow.com/news/may01a2003.shtml

Comment

http://www.trackstarmagazine.com/

Comment

My bad.
                  "trackstar"+track+field+magazine gets a high hit for that site but "track star"+track+field+magazine doesn't.

Comment

>My bad.
                    "trackstar"+track+field+magazine gets a high hit for that site but
                    >"track star"+track+field+magazine doesn't.

I tried:
                    "track star" magazine canada

And got that! :-)

Comment

"what newstand in downtown Toronto did you find this at"

It's a newsstand beside Lettieri and Starbucks, on the south side of Front near Jarvis. "something international news", don't exactly recall. Perdita on the cover.

Comment

I'm pretty excited about this mag. I wonder what angle it will take. I haven't read Athletics in a while but I must say it was getting kinda dry. I hope they cover topics and interview athletes from around the world as well as Canada. There's a British-based website out there that interviews athletes from around the world (there's a link somewhere on this site). I hope the publishers go in this direction. I think Canadian athletes are great but I'm looking for something broader. In fact (in case the publishers are reading this thread) I think they should cover high school athletics as well.

Question: I wonder how TFN is fairing in this digital world. I used to love the magazine but I admit not reading it now that we have these forums.

Comment

>There's a British-based website out there that interviews athletes from around
                          >the world (there's a link somewhere on this site).

That's mine!

http://www.athleticslinks.com

Look out for interviews with Kemel Thompson and Savante Stringfellow coming soon!

Comment

Question: I wonder
                            >how TFN is fairing in this digital world. I used to love the magazine but I
                            >admit not reading it now that we have these forums.

I suspect that it doesn't have much of a circulation but the Ontario Roadrunner Association now sends its' mag by way of email. Latest one was 33 pages.

Comment

Hey Jon,

Keep up the good work on the interviews. I'm definitely a fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X