Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solinsky Aims for 5000 Record at Pre

Keen competition to be Nike's top distance pony, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      "....in recent memory, Rono, Cram, Aouita, Coe, Ovett, etc., etc)."
      Wow, you must be OLD! That's REMOTE memory for me, bordering on ANCIENT memory.

Comment

Note that in 2007 he set PRs in consecutive races (or at least 3 out of 4).

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Originally posted by kuha
          I agree. I hope he runs sub-12:50, but experience tells us that lightning can't be bottled and used exactly when we choose. I think it's easy to say that he'll get a PR, but it would be a very nice surprise if he gets a second AR...
          I'd kind of disagree; maybe I only remember the crème de la crème, but history is full of examples of mid/long-distance types who go on record rampages (in recent memory, Rono, Cram, Aouita, Coe, Ovett, etc., etc).

To get to record status you have to be in stunning form, and unlike any technical event (or a sprint where the start is important), once it's there it should stay there, no?
          I'd love for you to be completely right--and Rono's '78 rampage illustrates the concept very nicely. Alot can happen in 2 months, however...we'll see....

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
            Originally posted by gh
            "....in recent memory, Rono, Cram, Aouita, Coe, Ovett, etc., etc)."
            Wow, you must be OLD! That's REMOTE memory for me, bordering on ANCIENT memory.
            Ancient is when record splurges are mentioned and you readily remember Ron Clarke and Paavo Nurmi.

Comment

I remember seeing Ron Clarke, but Paavo Nurmi is taking it way, way back as in you'd have to be close to 90 years old to remember watching Nurmi run.

Comment

I wonder what kind of times Kickless Clarke could have run on modern Mondo tracks. I believe they do make a difference somewhat.

I hope Solinsky ran his super 10k off strength work and hasn't peaked for the season. If he's hot early, well then just go for it and then look at what was done and use it to peak later next year. They're doing some great things in Oregon right now.

Comment

Boy did he bomb!! i have thought 10000m is his best event since his record. I have stated that he would not beat his 10000m eqvilent time at 5000m which is 12:54.43 and he has not. Solinsky at 5000m lacks any speed over the last three laps i'am hoping that reality sets in and he starts running his best event the 10000m period. Remember he said the pre 5000m was his goal and he bombed big time.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    I agree. I hope he runs sub-12:50, but experience tells us that lightning can't be bottled and used exactly when we choose. I think it's easy to say that he'll get a PR, but it would be a very nice surprise if he gets a second AR...
                    I'd kind of disagree; maybe I only remember the crème de la crème, but history is full of examples of mid/long-distance types who go on record rampages (in recent memory, Rono, Cram, Aouita, Coe, Ovett, etc., etc).

To get to record status you have to be in stunning form, and unlike any technical event (or a sprint where the start is important), once it's there it should stay there, no?
                    I'd love for you to be completely right--and Rono's '78 rampage illustrates the concept very nicely. Alot can happen in 2 months, however...we'll see....
                    Nostradamus speaks...

Comment

Originally posted by thedodge
                      Boy did he bomb!! ...
                      Only if you consider the second-best time of his career a failure. It's not as if he was established as an always-sub-13 kind of guy. Indeed, Tilastopaja tells us that that this was only his second sub-13:10 ever, and that he has only broken 13:30 only 9 times ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X