Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12yr old blazed 11.98 in -3.8hw at Jamaica's Primary Champs

Big clash in boys' class one 100m at Primary Champs in Jamaica today. Raheem Chambers won in 11.98 in -3.8 headwind and Raje Fearon came in second. Raje Fearon hold the meet record with a time of 11.90 set on Thursday. Both boys are twelve years old, so watch out for them in the near future.

Re: 12yr old blazed 11.98 in -3.8hw at Jamaica's Primary Champs

11.60 when corrected? Whatever it is, they are both certainly ones to watch.
    Regards,
    toyracer

Comment

My only problem is that these parents and coaches do not kill these youngsters trying to get them to do tracks only. Educate them. Saw the young man with a hand gesture a la sir bolt. Sure his rival is looking at that. Come boy's championship he will be reminded.

On a lighter note superb run! from Raheem Chambers even though the record holder got toasted ,11.98 is very, very sick time for 12yrs old. Can't wait to see both boy's in the 200m later. :shock:

Comment

I'm waiting for the results of 200m final also. Raje Fearon is the fastest qualifier, but the report on trackalerts is that he was crying uncontrollable after the 100m final. He is young, and doubt he is able to gather himself together for the 200m. They are both champions.

Comment

@Trackfans08, Here here. I'm waiting with abated breath, that too should be a dozy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackfans08
            Raje Fearon is the fastest qualifier, but the report on trackalerts is that he was crying uncontrollable after the 100m final.
            :lol: gotta love 12 year olds

(on a sidenote, I'm starting to think I might not really be the nicest person ever, lol)

Comment

I'm waiting for the results of 200m final also. Raje Fearon is the fastest qualifier, but the report on trackalerts is that he was crying uncontrollable after the 100m final. He is young, and doubt he is able to gather himself together for the 200m. They are both champions.
              Ohhhh just ***** great! Asafa Powell junior. :roll:
              http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by trakfanfave
                Saw the young man with a hand gesture a la sir bolt. Sure his rival is looking at that. Come boy's championship he will be reminded.
                Is this the gesture you refer to?

Regards,
                toyracer

Comment

Originally posted by JWiz
                  Ohhhh just ***** great! Asafa Powell junior. :roll:

I hope he doesn't have Asafa's mental issues.

He will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
                    Originally posted by trakfanfave
                    Saw the young man with a hand gesture a la sir bolt. Sure his rival is looking at that. Come boy's championship he will be reminded.
                    Is this the gesture you refer to?

Raje Fearon look as if he is a lanky kid and just running with pure raw talent. Raheem Chambers have more sprint technique than Fearon at this stage, but I think Fearon will beat him in Boys Champs in the future.

Raje Fearon is heading for Wolmers and Raheem Chambers is heading for C-Bar I think. Their clashes will be eagerly anticipated in the future.

By the way, Raheem Chambers won the 200m over Fearon in a meet record 24.13 and Fearon time is 24.25. Both went under the record that was 24.58.

Comment

@Trackfans08, Your'e right, at the start of the race one could definitely see that he has a good coach his drive phrase was excellent while Raje was just running like a normal kid would. But great things are in stored for these two. Hope they will suceed at academia too not just tracks.

Comment

Correction on line 2: Meant drive phase.

Comment

trackfanfave, you can edit your own messages - see that edit option on the upper right that is only there for your own posts. [I just commented because your listed 24 posts indicate that you are relatively new at posting -- welcome to the board.]

Comment

The gesture in the picture is hardly Bolt-esque. Both of his hands have their fingers positions simulating a firearm, and he turned his body to "shoot" with his left hand at the other runner.

Hardly a practice to be condoned. A KC runner did the same thing at Champs, then CARIFTA, aiming toward the crowd.
                            Regards,
                            toyracer

Comment

Wonder what the fastest 12yr olds ever are doing these days...

12 11.42 0.0 Isaiah Green USA 10 Aug 89 Omaha NE 26 Jul 02
                              12 11.15 nwi Steve Carnes USA 18 Jul 72 Reseda CA 8 Jun 85

Comment

Working...
                              X