Ryan Hall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Hall.

Now that the NCAA indoor is past I'm wondering...how is Ryan Hall doing? He looked so strong in the NCAA cross-country...did he just skip indoor track? Or is he injured or what?

Re: Ryan Hall.

Tustin... were you a Tiller or one of those Foothill people?

Comment

jhc-

How about you? Sound like you know OC?

Comment

I'll keep my ears open at the Stanford Invite tonight. Getting info from the Stanford track program is like pulling teeth. Rumors from The Farm had Hall out of school this past quarter, just as last year, but this remains unconfirmed. If he's around he'll probably be carrying blocks or helping out in the announcer's booth, just like most of the Cardinal do at their home meets when not racing.

Comment

Cyril... I was a Tiller once (as was Lynn Cannon, who posts often here). Been gone from Orange County for a very long time, though. One great old Orange League rivalry in sports was Tustin/Laguna Beach with the fabulous team names: it was the Tillers versus the Artists! Then, of course, just up the beach were the Sailors and the Oilers.

Comment

JHC-

Interesting. I ran at Irvine. Had a rival from Tustin back in the 80's. Maybe you know of him - Mike Parker.

Any info. about him? Ran a very good 15 at Long Beach as a frosh, never heard from him after that.

Comment

My old roommate went to Villa Park... 800m type in high school; 2nd place at OT in Atlanta but missed OG qualifier in 96, and still running today (Farm Team).

Comment

I didn't realize this was a local site.

Epelle, who's your friend? I've followed OC track for years (still live here). I'm trying to rember any stellar 800 guys for Anaheim in the early 90s and am drawing a blank.

Comment

I was another generation before Parker ran at Tustin. I was coaching by the 80's but I don't recall seeing him run. As for Villa Park, do they still have a strong program? I know that at one time the school was deep with impressive x-country and middle distance runners.

Comment

1986: 6th place at CIF State Meet in 1.52 - same year M Mastalir took the 1,600m in 4.07 and E Mastalir won the 3,200m in 8.44,95. Went on to compete for SLO and ran a 3.45 in college. Competed (and still competes) post-collegiately for Nike Farm Team, and has a 3.38,65 PR from Hechtel.

As for VP, Augie Escobar ran an 8:56.23 in 1999, but they have not had any new stars within the past few years.

http://www.flashresults.com/flashwest/lists/ochs-b.htm

http://www.calpolymustangs.com/track/ou ... kBests.pdf

http://www.runnersworld.com/dailynew/ar ... 60712.html (LAST ARTICLE BEFORE RESULTS)

Comment

Epelle-

I should have known that. I didn't read your post close enough. For some reason I was thinking Esperanza. I was coaching at Irvine that year. I had a kid who was trying to hold on to Sorenson in the 8 - ended up with 1:54, they palled around at meets a bit. Also had a guy in the State meet 4:13 and a girl in the 3200 - 10:38.

It was fun seeing Sorenson do so well. The kid had some great speed. Real nice finish. Very tough, I think he was also a Wrestler in H.S.

I knew some old SLO guys. Ran a bit with Mike Lansdon (I was in H.S. he was at OCC)and Kevin Broady (post college training). These guys were before your time but they had a long tradition there.

Comment

I knew some old SLO guys. Ran a bit with Mike Lansdon (I was in H.S.
                        >he was at OCC)and Kevin Broady (post college training). These guys were before
                        >your time but they had a long tradition there.

Actually, I believe Broady was still (either a senior, or post-collegiately) around while I was at SLO. Yes, Sorensen was also a wrestler.

CIF State Meets in the 80s were the good old days!!

Comment

Epelle-

You don't by chance have any recent ties to CDM H.S.? My wife - who teaches there - also knows a guy who roomed with Sorenson.

Comment

BACK TO THE ORGINAL SUBJECT!!!

Hall rabbited one of the distance races last night, so he's on The Farm.

Luchini raced the 5000 in flats. Assume he's missed training due to injury.

Comment

Only ties I have to CDM is racing against Jim Robbins at Arcadia and State H1 and finals.

Comment

Working...
                              X