• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: london 2012 Mascots

Originally posted by Flumpy
    Originally posted by mump boy
    Originally posted by Pelpa
    I always pegged brits as grey and boring with reagards to their artistic creativity and style.
    are you joking ??

and the Hoxton club kids who inspire fashion across the world

That's your choice of a Hoxton club kid??? Couldn't you find a picture of Theo?
    no i went through dirtydirtydancing for ages and couldn't find anyone, i did find some pics of myself though !!
    i deserve extra credit

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/London-unveils-creepy-looking-mascots-for-2012-O?urn=oly,242206

I thought you guys were unkind intil I read this.

PS. Mumpy, I get the idea about the anolamous few (in my impression), but as a I implied, for the most part, I just always say Brit as the queens land speaking the queens English as quaint as the country sides with dark gloom brick buildings and cultured folks who cartoons like little blue all with the pinkies jotting out while drinking tea and parading your best whicker wear on Guy Fox day.
      ok so you are joking, or you've never been to UK or at least not since the war :?

oh and i wasn't sure about these mascots but the video got me :shock: i'm going to give them a chance
      i deserve extra credit

Comment

I still think the London mascots should be:

ASBO
        CHAv
        LADETTE

Comment

That's it!
          I'm not going!

Comment

I've just blogged my opinion of the mascots:
            http://www.jonmulkeen.com/?p=334

Comment

oh and i wasn't sure about these mascots but the video got me :shock: i'm going to give them a chance
              But they are still 2 lumps of metal. You wouldn't need a waste of money, animated introduction to them if they were compelling in the first place.

You can imagine the amount of money has been pissed away on focus groups to come up with this rubbish.

You get a Lion, call it Roary job done. It's not rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                You can imagine the amount of money has been pissed away on focus groups to come up with this rubbish.
                Any figures? I bet they would be depressing to see.

Comment

Of course the Canadian press is not going to give Brits any breaks after the drubbing they gave our excellent Olympic Games in their papers. :twisted: :twisted:

I can't say I warm up to the London mascots but then I am not the targeted demographics...maybe kids who grew up with Teletubbies and surveillance cameras everywhere will like them.

(I do think the blobs have so much going on on them that there are opportunities to educate kids about the Olympics-the history, the traditions etc.).

There I said something about positive about the ugly little creatures!

Comment

Scott Ostler in today's SF Chronicle:

<<Have you seen the new mascots for the 2012 Olympics in London? Wenlock and Mandeville. Seriously. They are the offspring of an illicit affair between a parking meter and a gas pump.>>

Comment

have just been announced

Wenlock and Mandaville

they have something to do with drops of steel that come to life !!

Comment

Mandeville(or is that Wenlock lol) at the Olympic Stadium this morning for two-years out ceremonies(pics thanks to Tasha Danvers).

Here holding the tape for Michael Johnson as he runs the first "race" in the stadium.

MJ after the race.

There are no strings on me

Comment

I dont what how they could make the mascot thing uglier. If i had one, i would need 2. One to shit on and another to cover it up. :P
                          phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                          X