Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friar Track Club lineup?

I have some trouble to find the lineup for Friar Track Club win at Raleigh Relays in the womens 4 x 1500m relay. Anyone who can help me with it?

Re: Friar Track Club lineup?

Roisin McGettigan, Sara Dupre, Orla O'Mahoney, Marie Davenport

Comment

thanks Walt. I will try to have my website at www.algonet.se/~pela2 updated tomorrow with all performances from the weekend.

Comment

"Clubs" like this - using a moniker so four loosely or non-related runners can run a relay - show up in bigger meets with some regularity (as do affiliations such as 'hometown TC' or 'sponsor TC' just so people will have a club name in results), but do they do a disservice to bona fide clubs?

All four of these runners are Providence College alum, first three run for the BAA, the last for New Balance (well, at least until the elimination of national clubs this year). I'm in favor of runners getting together for relays, and in the ideal track world we'd have clubs fighting it out for honors and awards, but the strength and depth of clubs right now doesn't afford all to field full relay squads. To differentiate the carpetbaggers, should meets just call these relay quartets 'unattached relay', 'Providence (or other school) Alum', 'New England regional', or some other name so it's known that they're in fact not really clubs?

And should they appear in performance lists at all - in this case they're neither a club nor a national team.
        How about "4 women" and the next unattached relay would be "4 more women", ... ???

Steve Vaitones
        Steve Vaitones

Comment

Working...
        X